Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #1

Any Jayco White Hawk 24RDB Reviews?

We are thinking of buying one. Any pros & cons?
kittyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #2

We passed on on this model (assuming you are looking at the 2016s) for two reasons; 1) we got a screaming deal on the one we did buy. 2) when the slide outs are both retracted in, it is a pain in the butt to squeeze past the island. We tried to think ahead to a time when we may be travelling a long distance and have to pull up at ta rest stop or wal mart parking lot just to get some sleep. We didn't want to have to extend the slide out for just a quick sleep break.
However they are great rigs, we love our White Hawk.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #3

We bought this model last fall and love it. Our only frustration is the amount of movement from side to side once the trailer is set up. Still working on that.
Covington campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:13 PM   #4

Different model, but like NVGun40 - a thumbs-up on WhiteHawk! Especially like ability to get into bed from either side AND it accommodates a queen-regular topper.

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #5

We have the 24 RBS - great trailer, love the counter space and larger bath. That side to side moving once set up is annoying - if anyone has a fix, I would love to hear it
blanagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #6

We just picked up our 24 rdb last Friday, and we are very excited. There are just the 2 of us, and we love how the 2 slides give a large feel to the main area. We have a small problem with our water heater (not working under electrical power, only on gas) but we are confident that can be fixed after our "shakedown" trip this weekend to test everything out.

I'll keep a lookout for the side-to-side moving problem.
dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #7

We had a White Hawk for two years. Nothing but problems. Shop around.
tommarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #8

We bought the 24rdb this summer and we love it. It is just my wife, myself, and our little dog. It is the perfect size and has a lot of storage. My wife has never camped before and was very apprehensive but she loves it and looks forward to the next trip. We have been out in it twice so far and are leaving this week for a third trip. It pulls great behind our Ford F-150. We go camping with my brother and his wife, they have their own camper, and the kitchen/living area is big enough for the four of us to be in there cleaning up from dinner.

So far my biggest complaint is the side to side movement that others have complained about. I did find a fix though that takes care of 80-90% of the movement. I bought two of these rv stabilizers Universal RV Stabilizer - Valterra 020106 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World and place one on the frame in front of the bumper and one on the frame in the front under the nose just behind the a frame. Both of them run left to right and I don't use any on the side frame because the for and aft movement is pretty much taken out by the x chocks. I did read a review that some use one under their slideout to help take the movement out of that, but I haven't found that to be a problem.

Hope this helps

Dale
2015 Jayco Whitehawk 24RDB
2015 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost 3.55
Golds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covington campers View Post
We bought this model last fall and love it. Our only frustration is the amount of movement from side to side once the trailer is set up. Still working on that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanagan View Post
We have the 24 RBS - great trailer, love the counter space and larger bath. That side to side moving once set up is annoying - if anyone has a fix, I would love to hear it
I did find a fix that takes care of 80-90% of the movement. I bought two of these rv stabilizers Universal RV Stabilizer - Valterra 020106 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World and place one on the frame in front of the bumper and one on the frame in the front under the nose just behind the a frame. Both of them run left to right and I don't use any on the side frame because the for and aft movement is pretty much taken out by the x chocks. I did read a review that some use one under their slideout to help take the movement out of that, but I haven't found that to be a problem.

I have tested them in the driveway and they worked really good but this coming week will be their first test while we are actually camping.

Without them, with the four corner jacks down and the two x chocks in, I can grab the ladder and with very little effort shake the camper and make my wife scream at me, I'm bad. With these two RV Stabilizers in I have to really work to get any movement and it is very little. I think you would be happy with the results.

Dale
Old 10-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarum View Post
We had a White Hawk for two years. Nothing but problems. Shop around.
Respectively disagree, very happy with ours and would select our model again - use it year-round and having a fantastic time taking weekend getaways!
Old 10-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #11
Site Team

Seems like he is in the minority. The White Hawk line appears to be very popular. Sorry you had so many problems.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golds View Post
We bought the 24rdb this summer and we love it. It is just my wife, myself, and our little dog. It is the perfect size and has a lot of storage. My wife has never camped before and was very apprehensive but she loves it and looks forward to the next trip. We have been out in it twice so far and are leaving this week for a third trip. It pulls great behind our Ford F-150. We go camping with my brother and his wife, they have their own camper, and the kitchen/living area is big enough for the four of us to be in there cleaning up from dinner.

So far my biggest complaint is the side to side movement that others have complained about. I did find a fix though that takes care of 80-90% of the movement. I bought two of these rv stabilizers Universal RV Stabilizer - Valterra 020106 - Stabilizing Jacks - Camping World and place one on the frame in front of the bumper and one on the frame in the front under the nose just behind the a frame. Both of them run left to right and I don't use any on the side frame because the for and aft movement is pretty much taken out by the x chocks. I did read a review that some use one under their slideout to help take the movement out of that, but I haven't found that to be a problem.

Hope this helps
Those stabilizers are very cool. Going to have to check them out.
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite (Sold)
ykcamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM   #13

Has anyone found a set of locking chocks that work on the 24rdb with its wide axel spacing? I was looking at the Equalizer XL (which will work according to my tape measure), but I worried about how it would work when you had to raise the wheels to level the camper. I did find a BAL X-tended Fit X-Chock on Amazon, but I am not sure it will work given its maximum spacing listed at 17 inches.

In anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them
Old 10-12-2015, 02:03 PM   #14

The WH have wide tandems and our BAL 28014 X-tended Fit X-Chocks work even if the tires are on lego-blocks as it fits between the tires ... the ground has no impact. Very happy.

Old 10-12-2015, 03:35 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott View Post
Has anyone found a set of locking chocks that work on the 24rdb with its wide axel spacing? I was looking at the Equalizer XL (which will work according to my tape measure), but I worried about how it would work when you had to raise the wheels to level the camper. I did find a BAL X-tended Fit X-Chock on Amazon, but I am not sure it will work given its maximum spacing listed at 17 inches.

In anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them

We also use the BAL 28014 X chocks on our 24RDB Whitehawk (two of them) and they work great. We got them from Amazon Amazon.com: BAL 28014 X-tended Fit X-Chock: Automotive
A little advice, use a cordless drill with a socket or you will be there all day extending them with the wrench that is included. I use a cordless drill and socket to lower and raise the corner jacks as well. Makes the setup process go a lot quicker.

Dale
Old 10-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golds View Post
We also use the BAL 28014 X chocks on our 24RDB Whitehawk (two of them) and they work great. We got them from Amazon Amazon.com: BAL 28014 X-tended Fit X-Chock: Automotive
A little advice, use a cordless drill with a socket or you will be there all day extending them with the wrench that is included. I use a cordless drill and socket to lower and raise the corner jacks as well. Makes the setup process go a lot quicker.
Great! Will definitely be picking up a pair!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott View Post
Great! Will definitely be picking up a pair!
Caution - to get a 'pair', order two!

Old 10-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #18

Will do. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:54 PM   #19

Bal lock arm on mine took almost all the rocking movement. 1 set in one front corner the other set in the opposite corner at the back plus a x tend a chock on one side of my 24rbs made the old crow happy !

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:03 PM   #20

The left and right rocking motion is my only real complaint of the 24RDB. So far we really have enjoyed the camper. I will find out tomorrow night if the expense for two RV Stabilizers was worth the money. They had really good reviews and is what was recommended by my local Jayco dealer. But of course their price was a lot more than I could buy it elsewhere (online). I have told them numerous times if they would lower their prices and be a little more competitive price wise they would get a lot more business. I can't see paying 30% more for the same item, and then sales tax on top of that. Camping World is even cheaper, I just wish we had one a little closer.

Dale