Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2016, 02:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDog View Post
We got our 23 RLSW in July also and love it.
We've taken it to a lot of the nearby state parks an a big trip to Rocky Mt. National Park with out two dogs.
I have put an cover on the bathroom vent, a screen door protector and a push bar for screen. I replaced the stock shower curtain track with one that you can use real shower curtain rings with.
The oven didn't bake well at all so we got a rectangular pizza stone to put in it and now it bakes just fine.
You're the second person to mention the oven's performance - we will watch out for that. Sounds like it doesn't spread heat well, perhaps? Re: the shower curtain, our shower has a door. Not sure how good that is, but it is what it is.

Thanks!

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #22

Well ours has the door and our old trailer had the curtain. We like the door much better! Granted this is based on some what limited use.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #23

TxTwoSome, If you have the time and easy access to your TT, would it be possible for you to take a measurement for me?

Could you level out your trailer and measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler and also to the top.

I need to get a WDH and have to decide what shank to get based on the height difference between my tow vehicle receiver height and the trailer coupler height.

No 23RLSW's at the dealer for me to take my own measurements. Generally most of the shanks supplied will work with most applications. I just want to get ahead of the game if needed.

I have 21" to the top of my tow vehicle receiver. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:12 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
TxTwoSome, If you have the time and easy access to your TT, would it be possible for you to take a measurement for me?

Could you level out your trailer and measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler and also to the top.

I need to get a WDH and have to decide what shank to get based on the height difference between my tow vehicle receiver height and the trailer coupler height.

No 23RLSW's at the dealer for me to take my own measurements. Generally most of the shanks supplied will work with most applications. I just want to get ahead of the game if needed.

I have 21" to the top of my tow vehicle receiver. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Wireman
I have the trailer in storage but I am bringing it to the House on Wednesday to install my Rear View Camera.

I will take the measurement for you then if that would help.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #25

Thanks in advance. No rush on anything. When ever you have time and it is easy for you.

Wireman
Old 01-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Thanks in advance. No rush on anything. When ever you have time and it is easy for you.

Wireman
No problem will get the measurements for you on Wednesday.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-12-2016, 04:38 PM   #27

Quote:

Wireman

Here are your measurements.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_143827.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	21491

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160112_143835.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	21492
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #28

TxTwoSome, many thanks for doing this for me. Saves me some time and effort. I saved the pics for reference. Wireman
Old 01-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #29

Looks to be a fairly tall setup on Jayco's. Higher than I thought it would be. Wireman
Old 01-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #30

Quote:
TxTwoSome, many thanks for doing this for me. Saves me some time and effort. I saved the pics for reference. Wireman
No problem glad I could help.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-12-2016, 08:52 PM   #31

Woo hoo! Picking up my new 23RLSW on Thursday. Can't wait!

But it's basically going to sit until late April/early May. Boo hoo!

On the positive side of that, we will be able to take our time setting it up so it's ready when the time comes.

Roger

Old 01-13-2016, 03:47 AM   #32

Congrats Roger! Hope you enjoy yours we really like ours!

We are going camping again next weekend. But got it at the house today for the Rear view camera install and adding or tweaking a few things.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #33

rkresge, TxTwoSome, did either of you get the factory tv option in the living area? If not, is there a tv mount provided anyway.?

I did not order the tv option so I may or may not have to buy my own mount. Since the tv is inset into that built in area it looks like I would have to get a 2 piece mount with some sort of release lever or pull strap to be able to remove the tv easily if necessary.

Sure won't be easy access behind the tv to get to any bolts, etc. Wireman
Old 01-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #34

Quote:
rkresge, TxTwoSome, did either of you get the factory tv option in the living area? If not, is there a tv mount provided anyway.?

I did not order the tv option so I may or may not have to buy my own mount. Since the tv is inset into that built in area it looks like I would have to get a 2 piece mount with some sort of release lever or pull strap to be able to remove the tv easily if necessary.

Sure won't be easy access behind the tv to get to any bolts, etc. Wireman
I don't have any idea what you would actually get if you don't order the TV option. I bought mine from dealer stock, and it came with a TV (mounted), and an extra mounting bracket for another TV that could be used outside. FYI, it's a custom mount made by a relatively small company. A TV mounted with this system is NOT going anywhere.

These TV mounting brackets fasten onto the back of a TV using a standard VESA mount. I forget the brand name, but there's a thread on here about them.

In order to take that TV outside you would have to a) dismount it, and b) disconnect all the cables from it. If you want to use a TV outside, you might be better off getting a separate TV just for that use.

I'm going to test my electronics tonight. Just brought the new TT home and parked it about 2 hours ago. I'm in love!

Roger

Old 01-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #35

Well I did not order or get the TV mount it did however include the mount for the outside.

I just used the stand that came with my 32" TV and I added some small straps over the legs with two screws.

The way the TV is recessed into the wall and the fact the slide comes all the way in the front of the TV I figure it is not going anywhere.

I did install the mount for outside on the back of TV easy to remove my straps and then just hang TV on provided mount on side of trailer.

I have never watched TV outside before but you never know I just might want to.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-14-2016, 06:03 PM   #36

rkresge, Congrat's on being a new owner. Probably another 8 weeks for me. I don't plan on moving the TV outside or moving it at all. Just going to be tricky finding the right mount to be able to get it mounted given the limited space and access to the rear. You didn't mention the company name. Do you have access to it so that I could research it. I may give Jayco a call for info also. Wireman
Old 01-14-2016, 06:13 PM   #37

Quote:
rkresge, Congrat's on being a new owner. Probably another 8 weeks for me. I don't plan on moving the TV outside or moving it at all. Just going to be tricky finding the right mount to be able to get it mounted given the limited space and access to the rear. You didn't mention the company name. Do you have access to it so that I could research it. I may give Jayco a call for info also. Wireman
I just looked up the thread here on the Jayco Owners Forum. It's a KeBloc system made by L&W Engineering. Check out the thread here. I looked at the L&W website a couple of weeks ago, the KeBloc system looks pretty cool.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f1...ick-30248.html

Roger

Old 01-14-2016, 06:58 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Just brought the new TT home and parked it about 2 hours ago. I'm in love!

Roger
Nothing quite like the first time when you get a new one home! Hope ya'll enjoy it for years to come.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #39

rkresge, Thanks for the link to the website. Mounts look promising. I will also google to see what else out there.

I see they are in Middlebury Indiana so they must provide products to the RV companies. Wireman
Old 01-16-2016, 05:06 PM   #40

rkresge, just curious how your PDI went and if you had any issues to fix, minor or major?

I assume the Hemi handles it with ease. Wireman