Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2013, 08:08 AM   #11
We were also torn between the Jay Flight and the Whitehawk, but we were looking at the 28DSBH and Jay Flight equivalent. The thing that really tipped us was the fiberglass walls on the Whitehawk, but now you can get the same thing on the Jay Flight. Another was the weight, we were pretty concerned with the towing weight, but we're pulling with a F150 ecoboost, not a 3/4 ton. I loved the higher walls on the Flight but LOVED the outside fridge and extra storage on the Whitehawk. It is a really difficult choice for a family to make, but they are both great units, good luck.

2014 Jayco Whitehawk Summit Edition 28 DSBH
2013 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab Ecoboost 3.55
Whitehawkmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #12
We went thru the same deliberation that you are.

White Hawk pros:

Bigger storage space under front. Front fridge will make up for loss of smaller main fridge
Entertainment center better position and possibly holds a bigger TV (We have 39" Visio)
Bigger bath. We like the fact that the bedroom is isolated from the living area, noise wise, from the living room
Bath acts as a buffer. Big closet in bath
Wanted stand alone table and chairs - not available in Jay Flight

Has no bedside tables under wardrobes, which I really miss.
In the 26BH we had you could put a waste basket under the sink, not so in White Hawk
Tanks a tad smaller. Wish we had about 45 gal grey tank.

Other factors:

Lack of windows in the ends of slide not a problem. Back window is quite large and so is window over table
Lower ceiling height does not bother me. I am 6'. Actually better for DW who is only 5"1" for light switches on ceiling.
New White Hawks have higher ceilings, comparable to Jay Flight.
We bought a Sleepnumber bed for our 26BH and transferred it to the White Hawk.
We got the added insulation package and 15,000 btu a/c - both good choices
Other posters have complained about the amount of flex in the White Hawk floors vs the Jay Flight.
Given the extra weight of he Jay Flight, it probably has a heavier duty construction.

All in all we are quite happy with the White Hawk and would change very little about it.

2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Litre DoubleCab
6 speed, 4.30 Limited Slip, Tow Package
2013 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #13
As the previous owner of a jayflight 26 bh and now the current owner of a whitehawk 28dsbh, I can say that they must be built at completely different assembly plants. The jayflight is hands down built better IMHO. Never had a single issue with our jayflight. Yes our whitehawk has more features and we do like the camper however it feels cheap compared to our jayflight. It has about half the water pressure and the dealers just blame the camp sights even though we are going to the same camp sights we went to with our jayflight. We've had many water leaks, the electric stabilizers go up on there own (bad switches), caulking issues, and now a heating issue. There is NO heating duct in the forward bedroom. We pretty much just froze in our bed while the rest of the camper received heat. I could go on and on about fit and finish but you get the idea.

lsttype is offline   Reply With Quote