Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #21

You can also use them inside the trailer as well. At the Seattle RV show one trailer had them above the slide out as indirect lighting. They installed it behind the horizontal trim board at the top of the slide out. There is space of about 3-4" behind that trim board and the trailer wall and it was mounted to the back side of the trim board. It was the only light they were using at the time and it looked fantastic! It lit almost the entire ceiling in a soft glow,it was great on your eyes cause no bright bulbs to look at. The trailer was about 24' and the slide was about 12'. This is going to be a must have in the near future.
Tunce the traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #22

I have one on the inside of the slideout where it cannot be seen... makes a nice glow in the living room and kitchen
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #23

Bought mine at RV dealer not cheap but work good so far. Seven different colors multi variations speed colors. Attached under awning on side of trailer, ran wire under awning attachment post about four inches in front of that drilled hole in trailer into bed cabinet then into cabinet above bed installed controller and wired into the light above the bed. All wires are hidden has power at all times remote to turn on and off entire job took me about 2 hours. Got a rubber groumet at the hardware store to tightly fit wire drilled approriate hole in trailer install gromet then pushed wire thru and sealed outside with silcone caulk as extra protection.
djcoop52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 AM   #24

I ordered/received a kit and I'm planning to install this week. I want to hide the control box inside the yellow bug light and use the power leads for the light to power the kit. Has anyone tried this in their installs? I don't want the control box hanging under the awning exposed to the elements.

Thanks in advance!
DaJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:57 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJester View Post
I ordered/received a kit and I'm planning to install this week. I want to hide the control box inside the yellow bug light and use the power leads for the light to power the kit. Has anyone tried this in their installs? I don't want the control box hanging under the awning exposed to the elements.

Thanks in advance!
I would like to know this also.
Chomperoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:11 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJester View Post

Thanks in advance!

Just behind the yellow bug light inside my trailer is the cabinet with all my controls. I drilled into my trailer just above the light and mounted the led control behind the trailer controls and put the led IR wire in the cabinet. I tied into 12v power so they can be used while on battery. My 1st thought was to bring the wires inside through the bug light but I decided I didn't want to see the wires. I have a thread on here somewhere of my install. I look for it and post it.

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote