Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 PM   #1

Anyone installed MORryde CRE3000?

I am debating on installing the MORryde CRE3000 along with the shackle/wet bolt kit this spring. My question is, has anyone installed it on a TT that didn't come with it? How much difference did it make and do you think it is worth it?

I'm on the fence because I am already faced with the expense of replacing the junk tires on a nearly new camper... but, I figured if I had it apart to do the shackles/bolts, that would be the smart time to do it.

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #2

Not to get off your main subject but new tires already? I have a 2015 with towmax and I have about 5k miles on them and they are in great shape

2015 Jayco Eagle Premier 314BHDS

IBEW local 94 Electrical Worker
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone campin View Post
I am debating on installing the MORryde CRE3000 along with the shackle/wet bolt kit this spring. My question is, has anyone installed it on a TT that didn't come with it? How much difference did it make and do you think it is worth it?

I'm on the fence because I am already faced with the expense of replacing the junk tires on a nearly new camper... but, I figured if I had it apart to do the shackles/bolts, that would be the smart time to do it.
took it to mor/ryde, cre 3000, wet bolts & disc brakes. Can't comment on the ride yet but LOVE the disc brakes.
kaneman 357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314BHDS View Post
Not to get off your main subject but new tires already? I have a 2015 with towmax and I have about 5k miles on them and they are in great shape
Guess I've seen too many horror stories... The trailer goes out of warranty in July. I've seen several posts where Jayco covered blowout damage if it is under warranty, but once it is out, you are on your own. I can't see risking thousands of $$ in blowout damage (not to mention my family's safety) for $450 worth of new tires... You can't always see the problems coming with these tires - they may look great, but they may not be... I've researched it, and have decided to replace them this spring (if nothing else, for piece of mind).

2019 Open Range 374BHS
Old 03-10-2016, 05:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneman 357 View Post
took it to mor/ryde, cre 3000, wet bolts & disc brakes. Can't comment on the ride yet but LOVE the disc brakes.
Definitely can't afford disc brakes... wish I could!

2019 Open Range 374BHS
Old 03-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #6
Site Team

Mine came with the CRE3000 new. We really like it. I have had their old version on another rig. This one is less elaborate nut works just as good. They also have a upgrade CRE4000 that is a little more beefy.

I bought the never lube bushings but can't find them in my garage.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #7

Quote:

Gone campin,

Our trailer came with the CRE3000, but I just ordered the MOR/ryde wet bolt kit and a MOR/ryde cross member to install. Not sure why Jayco didn't install the wet bolt kit at the factory with the CRE3000,

I did install the Dexter EZ-Flex suspension on our previous TT, which did improve the ride.

The MOR/ryde's wet bolt kit is definitely an big upgrade to the OEM shackles. You're smart for going to HD shackles w/ wet bolts now then waiting for the OEM shackles to elongate or worst brake.

IMO, you're smart in upgrading the suspension and shackles to the MOR/Ryde CRE3000 with the wet bolt kit.

You may also want to look at the MOR/Ryde Performance Crossmembers

I found the best price on the MOR/Ryde Wet Bold Kit from RVUpgrades.

Just make sure you get the right size for your trailer. MOR/Ryde customer service is very helpful with this. Just tell them the trailer you have (manufacturer, model, year, etc.) and they will tell you exactly what you need.

Hope this was of some help.
Good luck
Old 03-10-2016, 06:48 AM   #8
Site Team

I have noticed under my 351RLTS that there are 1 1/2 inch L brackets running across that do a similar beef up of the suspension from side to side. I wonder if that X system is needed on mine.? I suspect I will have to call Mor/Ryde.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-10-2016, 07:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I have noticed under my 351RLTS that there are 1 1/2 inch L brackets running across that do a similar beef up of the suspension from side to side. I wonder if that X system is needed on mine.? I suspect I will have to call Mor/Ryde.
Hi Norty,

I have the same L brackets running across the trailer between both the front and rear spring hangers.
They also weld some iron to the I-Beam above the hangers, this is another thing Jayco does to help with the frame twisting. See pictures.
This is something Jayco does that a lot of manufacturers don't do and IMO these are all good frame design features.

I got an extra MOR/Ryde cross member to run across the trailer between the suspension hangers. It's probably overkill, but I figured since I'm putting the wet bolt kit on, there's minimal additional work to add this.

I'm figuring it will provide some extra level of support to help with the stress and twisting applied to the suspension hanger and frame during those tight turns when backing up.

Plus for <$100 I felt it was a good and inexpensive enhancement.
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Hanger - DS Front.jpg   Spring Hanger - DS Rear.jpg  
Old 03-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #10
Site Team

Good to know. If I can't find my shackle inserts, I may have to re-order them again. Getting old is frustrating sometimes.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 03-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #11

About how long can you expect the original shackles and bolts to last? I know it's not something you can precisely pin down but just wondering if we're talking 10 months or 10 years.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #12

Depends on your travel distances. Just to give you an idea. I replaced both my units with wet bolt kits after the first year of use. Both units had some significant wear at the original stock leaf bushings. Once they go you will get slap which can lead to things breaking.

The shackles and collars are all substantially more than stock and will last 10 years. Pretty much double and the squeaking is all but gone.

As for the OP's question on the CRE 3000. You might want to check the clearances as this could raise your trailer up due to the added damper attachment of the CRE 3000. It might only be an inch or so unless there is a specific model for your setup then I would go for it. Most if not all Jayco 5'ers come stock with it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Guess I've seen too many horror stories... The trailer goes out of warranty in July. I've seen several posts where Jayco covered blowout damage if it is under warranty, but once it is out, you are on your own. I can't see risking thousands of $$ in blowout damage (not to mention my family's safety) for $450 worth of new tires... You can't always see the problems coming with these tires - they may look great, but they may not be... I've researched it, and have decided to replace them this spring (if nothing else, for piece of mind).
Our Towmax's looked great too, right up to the point where 2 of them self destructed on the same trip. They had about 8k miles on them and were around the 3 year mark. I started worrying about tires when we had the previous HTT and bought a TPMS which I kept when we sold and upgraded to the 5er. It warned me of both tire failures and I was able to stop before any damage was done. My neighbor doesn't have a monitor and wasn't as lucky.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Depends on your travel distances. Just to give you an idea. I replaced both my units with wet bolt kits after the first year of use. Both units had some significant wear at the original stock leaf bushings. Once they go you will get slap which can lead to things breaking.

The shackles and collars are all substantially more than stock and will last 10 years. Pretty much double and the squeaking is all but gone.

As for the OP's question on the CRE 3000. You might want to check the clearances as this could raise your trailer up due to the added damper attachment of the CRE 3000. It might only be an inch or so unless there is a specific model for your setup then I would go for it. Most if not all Jayco 5'ers come stock with it.
Thanks, I just ordered a set of the MOR/Ryde wet bolts. After crawling under there and looking at the shackle and bolts currently on the trailer I decided I would need to replace them at some time so might as well be now. They look just like the set up on my little 850 pound capacity utility trailer.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote