Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #1

Attention to detail

We purchased a new 29RLDS back in Oct/13. The interior is fantastic, but I must say that the roof and siding leaves something to be desired. There are "globs" of sealant and putty around the extruding areas. It looks as if a 10 year old was given a tube of sealant and told "go for it". Also the roof covering was not drawn tight before sealant was applied. There are loose ripples within the roof. The same is said about the sealant around the connections on the sides. It appears that they were in a hurry to get this unit off the line and onto the dealer. Other that this, we are quite satisfied with our TT. But Not sure if I we will purchase another Jayco product when we upgrade in a few years.
Paula&Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #2

X2 to all that but I also have many decals with bubbles in them....some as long as 1 1/2 ". That's on my list with several other minor issues for this winter's warranty work by the dealer. Happy RVing.
Jeff
Best friend wife, Di, and dog Cooper. RETIRED
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula&Bud View Post
We purchased a new 29RLDS back in Oct/13. The interior is fantastic, but I must say that the roof and siding leaves something to be desired. There are "globs" of sealant and putty around the extruding areas. It looks as if a 10 year old was given a tube of sealant and told "go for it". Also the roof covering was not drawn tight before sealant was applied. There are loose ripples within the roof. The same is said about the sealant around the connections on the sides. It appears that they were in a hurry to get this unit off the line and onto the dealer. Other that this, we are quite satisfied with our TT. But Not sure if I we will purchase another Jayco product when we upgrade in a few years.
Mid Oct. is about the end of camping season so did they do the repairs for you over the winter?
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #4

No, Did not notice the roof flaws until June. I asked the dealer in Missoula, MT, and his reply was that they are all like that and there was nothing to be done unless I wanted to pay for the repairs myself. We are full timers, and we will have this addressed when we pass thru Boise
Paula&Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #5

Don't we all love to hear "They all do that"? "They all squeak." "They all fall off their axles." The dealer said there was nothing that could be done unless you paid for it. I would read that as something could be done. It's still in warranty. I'd be having a serious talk or series of talks with the dealer (that you purchased it from) about that and would be including Jayco in the conversations, if necessary. But then I'm not a nice guy.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #6

At the RV show I found all the brands in this price range are like that. Disappointing as caulking is not that hard.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula&Bud View Post
No, Did not notice the roof flaws until June. I asked the dealer in Missoula, MT, and his reply was that they are all like that and there was nothing to be done unless I wanted to pay for the repairs myself. We are full timers, and we will have this addressed when we pass thru Boise
There all like that and there's nothing to be done unless YOU PAY!!!!
Boy I would insist on getting that in writing with pictures. That's total BS. You won't be just passing thru Boise on that fix, plan on a stick around for a while. Anytime I asked for work to be be done it's " get in line and take a number" then we'll talk about a date to start work.
I sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote