Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2017, 07:57 AM   #1

Awning "over rolling"/turning too far?

2017 Jayco 28BHBE - I noticed when I rolled out the awning, it seems to roll out "too far". By that I mean that when it stops, it has the awning attachment to the tube at 3:00 when looked at from the side. What this does is create a "curb" where the awning meets the tube. Also, it prevents the valance from unrolling because it stays against the tube from the 3:00 to 9:00 position. I have a diagram to show this. I ask if this is normal because this seems to allow water to pool easier. I would think the awning tube should stop rolling when teh attachment reaches between 9:00 and 12:00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	34551Please pretend the RV is sitting normal and not on it side

I can bring this up to Jayco and the dealer if this is not the way it should be. Can I have your insights? Thanks.
Aardvarkjff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:18 AM   #2

Mine also over shoots the correct setting when I release the button. It continues to unroll for an extra half second or so. I just back it up a bit by tapping the button/remote to the correct position (valance straight down).
I believe most if not all dometic awnings will do this. I'm not sure if it can be adjusted. I don't plan on addressing it. No big deal IMO.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:58 AM   #3

Power Awning

My awning on my 16 Eagle 321 RSTS snaps out once it moved out about 6". Lot's of folks complain about it.The abrupt jerk only affects the large front awning.The jerking has actually caused the short strut to bow out! Not Good any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
X.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #4

I have noticed ours does this as well, but not quite to the 3:00 position I don't think (maybe more like 1:00, but honestly never really paid much attention to it so I don't know for sure).

The one thing I like about it being this way is instead of the entire end of the awning dripping during slow rains, it just drains of to the low end in one spot.

If it bothers you too much, just do like suggested above; tap the close button once or twice and it should be right where you want it.

olyelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 04:59 AM   #5

Mine doesn't roll out fast enough to over roll after letting the button go. However, if I keep the button pushed, the awning would begin to roll up backwards. The direction book for the awning says to avoid this, as damage could ensue.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
Mine also over shoots the correct setting when I release the button. It continues to unroll for an extra half second or so. I just back it up a bit by tapping the button/remote to the correct position (valance straight down).
I believe most if not all dometic awnings will do this. I'm not sure if it can be adjusted. I don't plan on addressing it. No big deal IMO.
X2 on both of our previous units
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #7
wwt

Can't you just release the switch and have it stop before it reaches that point? I hold the switch until the canopy is nearly fully deployed and then release it. Then just tap the switch a couple times until the canopy has a 3/4 wrap on the roller (3 o'clock position ).
wwt is offline   Reply With Quote