Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #1

Awning tilt adjustment

With the electric awning feature, can I roll this up while the manual level adjustments are set at lowest level so water can run off? I guess I could read the manual but it wouldn't be near as fun as asking experienced JOF members!

As always, thanks in advance!
wkc22fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #2

If you're talking about having both sides, it is fine. It should be fine if they are unequal as well, should just roll it up, give it a test see how it goes.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkc22fb View Post
With the electric awning feature, can I roll this up while the manual level adjustments are set at lowest level so water can run off? I guess I could read the manual but it wouldn't be near as fun as asking experienced JOF members!

I think the manual says you can have one arm up to 2 adjustments difference. I am kinda Leary of bending something so I always put the one side back to the normal position before I roll up. Sorry I guess I'm not much help.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #4

From the manual:
Quote:
Note: The awning can be retracted with the arms set in the rain release setting. The pitch does not have to be equalized before closing. See Warning below

WARNING DO NOT SET THE ARMS AT MORE THAN THREE (3) POSITIONS DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE SHALLOW AND STEEP PITCH. DAMAGE TO THE ARMS AND CANOPY CAN OCCUR IF THE AWNING IS RETRACTED WHEN THE ARMS ARE SET AT MORE THAN 3 POSITIONS DIFFERENCE.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #5

I don't care much for the all out manual adjustment, the awning is not tilted at all, kinda parallel to the ground actually. I didn't pay it much attn until we went for a walk and approached the TT and noticed the awning straight out. So when I made tilt adjustments then started to roll it up, it just looked like it was kinda binding??? Maybe it's just me being over cautious (and a newby). It looked to me like the lowest tilt adjustment is just right for water runoff, I guess I'll find out when it rains!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #6

Quote:

I have the Dometic Electric awning on mine and cannot roll it up with one side lower than the other. It does not have the adjustment notches like others have. I can lower both or either side but they must be relased prior to rolling it up.

Mine is a 2012 WHite Hawk trailer with some of the 2013 features(or lack thereof).

2012 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH
2004 Chevy 1500 4X4 Z71
Equalizer
mdkoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #7

Quote:
I don't care much for the all out manual adjustment, the awning is not tilted at all, kinda parallel to the ground actually. I didn't pay it much attn until we went for a walk and approached the TT and noticed the awning straight out. So when I made tilt adjustments then started to roll it up, it just looked like it was kinda binding??? Maybe it's just me being over cautious (and a newby). It looked to me like the lowest tilt adjustment is just right for water runoff, I guess I'll find out when it rains!
If you had one side adjusted to the lowest setting, I think there are 5 settings on mine, then as Nylyon said you are not suppose to be more than 3 setting positions different. If you were 5 then you may have been binding something. I'm not sure if I am interpreting your situation correctly?

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #8

OK, everyone is giving me some good feedback. I think mine has 5 adjustments as well. So if I adjust both sides down to the lowest setting, I should be able to roll the awning up (with it left at that adjustment) OK then right?

Thanks!