Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
Here's a link to the B&B instructions for their tank washer system. Already noted is that the B&B instructions say not to install it where water damage could occur from normal operation of the vacuum breaker valve. Here are two quotes from the instructions that relate to this:

"Vac/Check cannot be installed in an inaccessible location where venting of water from device
during normal operation causes damage. It must be installed in an easily accessible location to
end user."

"It is normal for a small amount of water to escape Vac/Check as plumbing line for tank flush
pressurizes. "

So the valve leaks a bit of water in normal operation and should be installed where such water won't cause damage, and it's supposed to be installed in an easily accessible location. Seems like Jayco fails to follow both of these instructions in many cases. I am not pleased with Jayco quality in this case.

There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #12
The water damage was one thing, the valve being located 8 inches above the furnace and flooding it could have cost me lots of dollars, but it is only 12v. Setting near the furnace is a gas/elect water heater. Should the w/h been operating on elect, and some type of short occurred, what could have happened to my barefooted wife, walking in the flooded bed area? That part has me upset! The lady at Jayco service in ElkhRT did not get very excited, even when I explained other Jayco and rv mfgs had been talking of the same type 571 valve problem from at least 2010. Duh!

arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote