Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #1

Bad ground connection

Hi,

I was camping this weekend. After dumping my tanks, I was planning to head back home. Started the car and got the message on my dashboard: no turn/brake trailer lights. I checked the fuse outside the trailer, was good. Check the 7 pin connection, was good.

I called the Good Sam road assistance, which I paid for 2-3 weeks ago. They sent somebody - he found that there was only 2V coming from the car for the brakes, one fuse was blown in TV.

I recalled that the last night, I noticed that the two outside light (the orange lights on both sides of the trailer) were dim, when the light inside the trailer were on. I thought that this was strange and actually I wanted to check on the forum on the possible reason.

Anyway, looking further into problem he found bad chassis ground in front power distribution box. One of the ground cables fell out. Reinstalled ground and retested lights. All lights worked again.

So, it appears that the ground problem on the trailer blew the fuse in the TV...

I paid $100 for the service (above 1hr, which is covered by Good Sam). I will call Jayco tomorrow to check whether I can get reimbursement.

Just wanted to share this experience as somebody may be in similar situation.

Cheers!
bono is offline   Reply With Quote