Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #21

On our last TT that didn't have the black tank flush we would pull it half full of clean water and that did the trick for cleaning off the sensors. Flush it a few times to get it as clean as possible then fill it about 1/2 with clean water and pull it from home to the campground and then dump it. That usually fixed it for a while. Had zero problems with the current unit because the flush works to clean the tank.

Also; If I saw black water in a sink, any sink I would head for the dealer and get that fixed.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
On our last TT that didn't have the black tank flush we would pull it half full of clean water and that did the trick for cleaning off the sensors. Flush it a few times to get it as clean as possible then fill it about 1/2 with clean water and pull it from home to the campground and then dump it. That usually fixed it for a while. Had zero problems with the current unit because the flush works to clean the tank.
That is also what Jayco recommends in a list of miscellaneous tips that come with the user's guide. Unfortunately we don't have any vehicle to tow it with and also the storage facility does not have a dump station, so we are stuck.
ragnarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcatone View Post
Ummm I have filled up a black tank in 3 days. the first time it came out of the outside kitchen sink!!! F***** GROSSS!!!!! Now I watch it LIKE A HAWK!! I wish it worked...
Pretty common to have outside kitchen's plumbed to black tanks, one of the many reasons we moved them from the indifferent list to the deal breaker list. I won't have an outside kitchen, I agree it's pretty gross what can happen should that tank backs up.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Pretty common to have outside kitchen's plumbed to black tanks, one of the many reasons we moved them from the indifferent list to the deal breaker list. I won't have an outside kitchen, I agree it's pretty gross what can happen should that tank backs up.

Never heard of that before. I did not realize that they did that. It would be important to know an accurate tank level in that case. Mine is not tied into any other lines, can fill it up so that the toilet will not drain and it will not back up any where.

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCecil View Post
As a newbie, I appreciate the good suggestions on how to check the level (yea, flashlight!) and not rely on a marginal sensor. It took us about an hour to realize that the sensor wasn't going to do the job - and that was with a tank that only had liquids in it.
I had Horst Miracle Probes installed on both gray and black water tanks. Readings are all accurate!
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #26

If your bothered about them you can install see level gauges.They go on outside of tanks. About $200.00. Self installed. They work well.
greyhawk885 is offline   Reply With Quote