Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
Anythng that gives the desired result will work. I prefer a switch conveniently mounted so I don't have to undo a hold-down strap or unlock the battery box to get to it. You are more likely to do it every time if it's convenient to get to. I built a double battery box and mounted a Blue Sea switch from the inside with the knob acessible from the exterior. I can look at it and tell if the batteries are on or off. As a sidenote, I hooked the wire from the breakaway switch to the always hot side of the battery switch so it is still functional even if I'm towing with the battery switch turned off.

Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
Our 304BHDS will last about 3 or 4 days before the battery goes dead. I just keep our plugged in. Its 2 years old

" Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain
barrelslime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:43 AM   #13
I fixed the problem by installing a solar panel. Keeps the battery charged up when it is parked.
RobCYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:33 AM   #14
RobYoung....talk to me about the solar trickle-charger! I've been looking at them for awhile, waiting for the prices to drop ... Are they really worth the money? I've been told that unless you go for a couple of large panels you probably won't even maintain your daily usage. What say you, oh experienced one?

3 kids and Buddy the Dog;)
Victoria, BC

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote