Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #1

Best Preventive Maintenance Manual/Resource

I am interested in knowing if anyone has a preventive maintenance manual that they reference for everyday maintenance of their RV. Being my RV is only 6 months old, it's not something I have to worry too much about at this time, but I want to be proactive and know what/how to inspect and look for, and what preventive maintenance tasks I should perform every 6 mos./12 mos., etc. I am especially interested in becoming educated in areas like maintaining/repairing seals, the rubber roof, the slide-out, lubrication, brakes, and also the recommended products for maintaining an RV.

Thanks in advance.
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #2

I've had my Eagle for a just a week tomorrow and haven't looked at the manual in depth yet, but I would presume the owners manual would be a good place to start. At least for the basic stuff. My dealer told me that a lot of the warranty is contigent on regular manitenance/inspections and it must be documnted. Nothing formal just a note book log or something. So I PRESUME & hope there is some sort of maintenace schedule listed in the manual.
Matt B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

I never leave the driveway before checking tire pressures in all tires. This has got to be the best thing to check to prevent premature tire failures.
Added Bedroom light switch and outlet https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=7582
dlfeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B. View Post
I've had my Eagle for a just a week tomorrow and haven't looked at the manual in depth yet, but I would presume the owners manual would be a good place to start. At least for the basic stuff. My dealer told me that a lot of the warranty is contigent on regular manitenance/inspections and it must be documnted. Nothing formal just a note book log or something. So I PRESUME & hope there is some sort of maintenace schedule listed in the manual.
What I am really looking for is a resource that, for example, instructs me on the proper way of inspecting all of the caulk seals that are on the sides and the roof of the trailer. This would include what the signs are for when caulk needs to be replaced, how to prep the area (scrape the old caulk off?), how to apply the new caulk (best method) and recommended caulks to use. Maybe the example I am using is just a common sense fix, but I'd rather not assume and mess up what should be a simple fix.
Honda EU2000i Generator
Old 08-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5arnolds View Post
What I am really looking for is a resource that, for example, instructs me on the proper way of inspecting all of the caulk seals that are on the sides and the roof of the trailer. This would include what the signs are for when caulk needs to be replaced, how to prep the area (scrape the old caulk off?), how to apply the new caulk (best method) and recommended caulks to use. Maybe the example I am using is just a common sense fix, but I'd rather not assume and mess up what should be a simple fix.
X2
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM   #6

We just purchased "Trailer Life's RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" on sale at Camping World. I have already skimmed thorugh it and picked up on a lot of useful information. I'm reading back through it now one section at a time and it is going to be a very worthwhile purchase.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
We just purchased "Trailer Life's RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" on sale at Camping World. I have already skimmed thorugh it and picked up on a lot of useful information. I'm reading back through it now one section at a time and it is going to be a very worthwhile purchase.
I will look into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Honda EU2000i Generator
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #8

This is not a repair manual but I think you will find it helpfull.
Eternabond Roof Repair
turkey2731 is offline   Reply With Quote