Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
A cup of Pine Sol and a gallon of water in the tank after every flush has worked for me for 20 years.

Durasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
No problem with the Pine Sol perishing the valve seals? I like the idea of Pine Sol. And the price.

2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Tekonsha Prodigy P3 brake controller
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
I use Pine-Sol. My parents have used Pine-Sol for ~30 years. We have never experienced any issues. I drain the tank, then my DW adds the Pine-Sol and water. I believe she adds about a cup of Pine-Sol and a gallon of water. We also do not add any TP to the tank.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #14
We have been putting Calgon in the tank, I have read that the softening the water makes the tank walls slippery
2010 24FBS
2005 F150 extended cab
hotrod51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #15
I added the Tornado spinning in tank version to mine after getting tired of dragging a leaking hose into my camper. I had even made a killer wand device to go into the toilet and spray 360 degrees, but it was still a pain and seemed to work 50% of the time, based on my black water sensors.

I added the spinning one from Camping World. I pull my black tank valve, then go hook the garden hose to the fitting right next to the valves, by then the black is close to empty, open the grey, wait until its close, then kick on the water hose and let it spray until its clean water coming through the elbow.

It took a total of 10 minutes to install it. Took me longer to find a bit to drill into the tank. Just use a high quality sealer designed for plastic and it has worked perfect so far.

If you combine the use of this with a clear fitting like the backflush styles above, I think your set for clean tanks.

Greg D.
Flower Mound, TX
2001 Jayco 31' Qwest
2011 F-150 Ecoboost
Lots n lots of firearms!
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #16
I'd recommend having a permanent rinser installed - I have the Quickie Flush and am very happy with it. It allows you to jet wash the tank sides and sensor probes and also fill the tank with water to allow you to flush all the nasties out.

I have only used the Quickie Flush so I don't have first hand experience using any of the 3 options you listed.

In my opinion, the Wand should do the best job, but as others have pointed out it is a PITA to get into and out of the rv. Also, you need to operate it with the toilet valve open and there is a lot of spray and mist generated by the jets hitting the tank walls, so probably not the most hygienic thing to do inside your rv.
The Flush King is also good as it allows you to fill the tank, but doesn't jet wash the sides of the tank and sensor probes like the wand and internal rinsers do.
The Hydro Flush is probably only good for cleaning the section of pipe it attaches to.

Just my 2c.
Enrico and Donna + 2 kids
RAM 2500 + Jayco Jay Flight 25BHS
Mods Done:
Black tank Quick-e Flush, MaxxAir Vent cover, TV bracket and LCD TV, added Slideout awning, bunk ladder, added socket and reading light to top bunk, added bathroom fan switch near light switch, insulated all externally accessible storage, sealed pass through storage from interior of trailer, LED lights throughout, added LED lights to storage compartments
EnricoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
We use a combination of the Flush King and the Tornado. so far so good....
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 24RKS
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SC 4X4 5.0L, 3.73
tls001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
My current TT came with a built in tank flusher, and on my first 2 Jaycos I added the Tornado before I ever used either toilet - they are awesome.

I also recommend getting a clear section between the TT and the "stinky slinky", so as you are flushing you can see when all to the "crap" (sorry, couldn't resist ) is out. After I dump, I let it rinse a while, close the valve, bit let the rinse fill it up a bit (DO NOT walk away or forget it is running) and then dump - a couple of "tidal waves" get everything out.

No regrets at all.

If you install it yourself, they are most effective if you put them on the tank wall directly opposite where it drains.

2012 Jayco 32TSBH
2004 Ford Excursion
ProPride 3P / Tru Control brake controller
Roadmaster Active Suspension
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote