Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #11
Since I live in the woods, I usually dump at home and avoid lines waiting to dump at the campgrounds. Unless, of course, we have full hook ups at the site. Between the stop and go of driving home and using the flush, it breaks up pretty good. Then I do nothing until we camp again and that's just a sack of blue junk and some water.

2013 33 RLDS
2004 Chevy Avalanche 2500 8.1
2007 TBSS
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
I never let my tanks go dry expect during the winter. I try to keep a few gallons in each tank all summer. In the black tank I add sewer chemicals or PineSol. If you let your black tank go dry, whatever items are left in the tank will dry up and become encrusted on the tank walls and on the sensors. Over time it will become more difficult to clean your tank.

I also find that after a few weeks after our first use in the spring, I will get what I call a bacteria growth boom, and I will get some sewer smells in the HTT from the tanks, I just add a little more sewer chemicals in the spring time. Once the bacteria growth is done, I have no more smells all summer.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:41 AM   #13
thanks guys
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #14
I agree with all of the above. I buy the cheapest & the strong smelling laundry detergent, rather than expensive tide, add a cap full to our empty black & grey holding tanks, with a bucket of water after emptying. Tanks"Clean" on the trip home. On the next trip out, I add the potty chemicals, liquid water softner & never have any smell issues. We use the SCOTT 1ply soft T paper.

Happy Camping & Clean tanks!

Columbus Ohio

buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote