Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
I experienced the same thing. I use and love the flush king, but still had the problem. It was the grey tank! Now after dumping I like to add some water (gallon or two) with Odoban or Pinesol and let the ride home clean it up. I use a 5 gallon bucket and dump the grey into the toilet at home. Haven't had a problem with smell since adding this to my routine a few times during camping season.

Good luck!

amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #12
Not sure if this helps but we had the same issue with our '03 Jayco with a hand flush toilet. After one season of on again off again smells, regardless of how well we cleaned the tank, i removed the toilet thinking the seal had gone bad. Turned out to be a torn/rotted rubber accordion seal that sealed the shaft that connected the hand lever to the flush valve.
Good luck!

Milehi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
Hi All,

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. The odor seems to have gone away from outside the camper. It is presently parked in the driveway. We are loading it up for our next long trip so I'm going to try some of the suggestions offered. Again the odor was not inside the camper but on the outside as I walked around it. I did dump some water in the black tank and will see how things go. I appreciate all the ideas.

2011 Jayco Eagle 304BHK
2011 Silverado 2500 Duramax/Allison, LML
DelawareEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #14
Someone on here told me that he adds a couple capfulls of dawn dishwashing detergent after cleaning the black tank with just enough water to cover the bottom and stores it like that. He says it takes care of the stink. I haven't tried it yet so I can't speak from personal experience.
tnmcouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
I flush it til it flows nice clean water. Then instead of using RV chemicals, Ive been using dollar store fabric softener. Smells better, much cheaper, and the TP dissolves better. I was thinking about some dollar store pinesol for when it sits long periods just incase.

...she started talking about how I never listened to her or somethin, I donno, I wasn't really paying attention...
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote