Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmurphy View Post
My wife was born in the US from Dutch parents. Both her younger siblings were born in The Netherlands. Her family wound up moving to the States in the 1960s, so they all are familiar with both U.S. and Dutch culture. Over the 28 years we've been married, I've learned to dread the word "gezellig." It comes into use when we go into restaurants, hotels, campgrounds, and many other places. There is no direct translation into English, either. So, my experience now dictates that when we go to a new place, the spousal unit scouts it first to find the spot that is "gezellig." Sometimes it takes a while, but I've learned over the years not to argue. This definitely applies to campgrounds, and since we're about to take delivery of a new White Hawk and begin RVing again, I'll be learning to be patient again.
happy gezellig trails,
My wifes family is Dutch. She uses many dutch words that I always have to ask about. Sounds like she is getting ready to spit to me!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
I prefer sites that back up to the woods and my kids like the ones that back up into a large green space, so they can throw a football. I don't think I would like an end pie shape site because I don't like being out there and visible from all sides. But, sometimes if the CG is full, you take what you can get. We spent 44 nights camping last year, in several CG's and I don't feel we had a bad site except for the one in Ludington SP, next to the lighthouse path. We left and went to another CG. Way too crowded and people actually parked their vehicles in our camper spot before we arrived and had to get the park rangers to find them at the lighthouse. They ended up getting tickets. Oops!
I have camped at Ludington, probably in that exact spot; Pines campground, site #63, I think. The spot is directly in contact with the trail that walkers use to see th Big Sable Lighthouse. Very busy part of the CG, but what turned us off was the number of raccoons. 20 a day is a conservative number. Of the 5 or 6 SP's we have been to, only Ludington had a raccoon problem. Everything else about Ludington, though, is awesome. One of our favorite SP in Michigan. Happy Camping!!
pm1stnau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm1stnau View Post
I have camped at Ludington, probably in that exact spot; Pines campground, site #63, I think. The spot is directly in contact with the trail that walkers use to see th Big Sable Lighthouse. Very busy part of the CG, but what turned us off was the number of raccoons. 20 a day is a conservative number. Of the 5 or 6 SP's we have been to, only Ludington had a raccoon problem. Everything else about Ludington, though, is awesome. One of our favorite SP in Michigan. Happy Camping!!
We stayed elsewhere in the Pines and was satisfied, a little cramped but we had great "neighbors" for those 3 nights. We did not see any raccoons in August. Maybe they thought it was too crowded!