Brought the trailer home today and intended to lube the bearings and adjust the brakes. Also thought it would be a good time to try out the Anderson Rapid Jack. Didn't work, even with a 2x under it. The suspension for the jacked wheel moved up so much that it was hitting the plastic fender. But the tire to be worked on stayed on the ground. So plan B, use the hydraulic jack I bought last year. So after a frustrating time with my brand new grease gun that didn't work, I crawled under the trailer to look at how to adjust the brakes. Hey what are these bare wires doing hanging down from the hub I asked myself. Turns out when I tried to use the Anderson Rapid Jack, the wheel that stayed on the ground stretched the wires to the electric brakes so far that it pulled the wires out of the crimp.
Now I have to fix the brakes. Going to borrow a soldering iron on Monday and make that repair.
Lesson learned. Do not try the Anderson Rapid Jack or any other type of wheel ramp to work on a trailer with wide stance axles. Use the trusty bottle jack and lift from the frame.
In the end, all 4 hubs lubed (using the ez lube) and all 4 brakes adjusted, but no working brakes on the front axle. I'll post some pictures once I get them uploaded from my phone.
2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)