Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

Brand new trailer-screw heads popping up underneath trailer.

Sorry meant to say screw heads popping off not up.
We just brought home a new 26BH a few weeks ago. Screwhead came off ground wire on the way home. Have 2 more come off screws holding gas line on underneath trailer. I am guessing these were low quality screws that were over torqued. Anyone else had a similiar problem. I believe my trailer was built the beginning of Jan. 2013.
thewild59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #2

I've found many, many over torqued screws, usually into wood or particle board which of course causes the screws to be loose or to fall out. I haven't found many that had popped off the heads.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:22 PM   #3

I'm picking up my 26BH in the next couple weeks.. I'll be sure to check under the TT when I get it home and let you know if any screw heads pop off.

By the way, not to get off topic, but how did that 26BH tow behind the Sierra? My truck has a similar towing capacity so I'm trying to figure out how well the 26BH tows behind smaller (i.e. non 3/4 or 1-ton) trucks.

Thanks,
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewild59 View Post
Sorry meant to say screw heads popping off not up.
We just brought home a new 26BH a few weeks ago. Screwhead came off ground wire on the way home. Have 2 more come off screws holding gas line on underneath trailer. I am guessing these were low quality screws that were over torqued. Anyone else had a similiar problem. I believe my trailer was built the beginning of Jan. 2013.
lagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #4

I thought it pulled very well. We had a strong crosswind driving home which was about a 6 hour drive. We have a 4 point Equalizer hitch and the two together seemed to work well.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 AM   #5

I had the zip screw heads pop off also on our 2012 for the jacks and the propane line. i replaced all of the with nuts and bolts before our first trip out

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #6

That is my plan also. I think I will also add a few more attachment points for the gas lines. They are pretty far apart, and the lines are now flexible rubber instead of a solid pipe. I think where I can exchange nuts and bolts instead of their zip screws, I will. Other than that, the rest of the trailer does not seem to show any problems. The interior looks very nicely done. Can not wait for our first trip.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #7

Our 1/13 33 RLDS has the brakes wires hanging and the screw and clamp still dangling. It was to dark to see where it was supposed to be so will look better this weekend if some more snow melts..
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagman View Post
I'm picking up my 26BH in the next couple weeks.. I'll be sure to check under the TT when I get it home and let you know if any screw heads pop off.

By the way, not to get off topic, but how did that 26BH tow behind the Sierra? My truck has a similar towing capacity so I'm trying to figure out how well the 26BH tows behind smaller (i.e. non 3/4 or 1-ton) trucks.

Thanks,
Dan

Lagman: we just picked up our 26BH last weekend....TV is Chevy Silverado 1500....10,000lb equalizer WD hitch. Towed it about 150 miles through the mountains in Western MD with 30mph winds and snow squalls. IT towed great!!!!!!

As soon as it stops snowing I guess I better get out the creaper and do an underside check!!
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #9

we tow a 2013 26bh with a 07 f150 wd hitch and it tows very well (on our 3 trips anyway!).
1979 23.5 Okanagan class c
1973 8' Bonair pop-up
tent - not wife friendly btw
OKHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote