Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-10-2016, 09:05 AM   #1

Broken Bathroom Vent

Hi All!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up, check your bathroom vent if you have the style the vents down. Has a large fan and a small knob inside to open it. The plastic used in the mold is very low quality. My 314BHDS has a 5/15 build date and as you can see from the photos it was already cracking. I noticed the cracking around the corners and decided to put a little pressure on the cover, as if a branch were to fall on it and the thing completely shattered. I did talk to Jayco and they did hear about this and changed the mold or manufacture.

On another note, Boyer RV in Erie, terrible customer service. I was warned about dealing with them and did not buy from them. I went up to talk to them about this vent issue and they pretty much blew me off and said, you didn't buy here, you'll have to pay for any work (even under warranty) and get reimbursed by your dealer or Jayco. They wanted me to buy a new vent and pay for it on the spot. They guy said the RV industry does not operate like the auto industry when in comes to warranty work.

I also spoke with my dealer and Jayco to let them know what Boyer said, both places laughed and said they don't know what they're talking about.

Lastly, I spoke with an on-site RV Tech, they also confirmed Boyer was terrible and they do not suggest anyone deal with them. This RV Tech is also approved to do warranty work for Jayco. I'm currently working with them, my dealer and Jayco to resolve my vent issue.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20161004_144800_346.jpg   IMG_20161004_144833_619.jpg   ResizedImage_1475674101290.jpg  
Robk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:26 AM   #2

They don't build them like the used to. We have had 3 motorhomes each with 3 vents by Ventline and have never had a failure.
We also always install covers for many reasons. They have lowered the price of the covers for end of the season (in some places);
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Roo...Cover/16783115
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote