Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #1

Bubble on Roof

I have a 2015 Jay Flight 33RLDS. A travel trailer tech was doing the roof maintenance and he noticed a bubble (size of a large egg) on my roof. It is not near any vents or the air conditioner. Standing on the door side of the trailer, it is in the right front corner. It is not soft around the bubble. Just wondering what I should do about it. Is it serious? Should it be looked after before winter? All the moldings around it look good. Tsk in advance for any info.

Reboot123
Reboot123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:46 AM   #2

You should be ok. A lot of roofs will do that sometimes. Some say it could be off-gassing of the materials. I've had them on my slides and have never had a problem. I'm sure others will explain a little further in detail.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #3

A photo would help but in general small bubble or ripples are common on the roof. It is just the heat expansion and contraction of the roof membrane is not the same as the trailer so the roof membrane can be a bit lose in areas.
Nothing to worry about.

Your sounds like it could have something under the membrane though. Or is it soft if you push down on it?
Old 09-22-2016, 03:42 PM   #4

Our 2014 Greyhawk has an Alpha Ply TPO roof membrane. Last month I noticed several air bubbles beneath it and sent a video of me pushing them about to the service manager at my dealer. He said that was normal in very hot weather as the roof membrane expanded. He also noted that if the roof was installed to be skin tight in hot weather, it could split as it contracted in winter. Made sense to me.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Roamer View Post
Our 2014 Greyhawk has an Alpha Ply TPO roof membrane. Last month I noticed several air bubbles beneath it and sent a video of me pushing them about to the service manager at my dealer. He said that was normal in very hot weather as the roof membrane expanded. He also noted that if the roof was installed to be skin tight in hot weather, it could split as it contracted in winter. Made sense to me.
What is funny is that, some have ripple, some have no ripple, some have bubble, some have no bubble, some even have the membrane laid out without ripple and bubble....and guess what, they all expand and contract.... the only thing expanding in those shop is tolerance in a work process, thats what make our roof unique

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote