Originally Posted by Kevinh
Hi I have a 28 ft long 288rls travel trailer and pull it with a 09 gmc 2500 hd extended cab pickup. when driving on certain concrete roads we get bouncing.....snip
Welcome to the Jayco forums
As mentioned, some highways do contribute to the lack of TV ride quality when towing any type of trailer, even when the TV/TT combination is perfectly matched. Here are a couple of other items that may contribute to poor TV ride quality/handling:
* Improper tire inflation. Upgrading to an LT tire (in lieu of "P") enhances TV handling.
* Upgrading the TV's shocks can reduce the transfer of some highway pavement conditions.
* Incorrect WDH sizing/rating.
* WDH adjustmet...., improper weight distribution will have an effect on the TV's suspension and how it reacts to pavement conditions.
* Traveling with fluid in the TT tanks.
* TV and/or TT weight limits being exceeded.
Just food for thought.