Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #41

DJ - Welcome to the club. I'm up the road in Hartford.

I've bought accessories at CW, but that's about it. I shopped trailers AND service departments. And while my non-CW dealer may be an hour away (Racine), their service has been outstanding. Even sent a tech to my driveway because he was on his way to his cabin up north... saving me a trip down to the dealership for a failed light switch. Yeah, I'm a fan.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5swigerts View Post
snip......I've bought accessories at CW, but that's about it......snip
X2

IMO CW does well in the camping gear and outdoor accessories market place, but I've never considered them a viable RV purchase/service source......, to much negative press for to long.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #43

With so many negative reviews, as mine would be if I gave one, it's a wonder CW keeps its doors open. I know unhappy customers complain more than happy ones praise, but it's a matter of numbers, or as the barristers might say, a preponderance of the evidence!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksdude View Post
Well, it's too late for me, before I saw this thread I'd already made the deal with CW and paid a deposit for the trailer I ordered.

I did get a decent price from them on it (after getting quotes from 10 dealers in 3 states and telling CW they'd have to match the best one to get my business, which they nearly did - $600 over the best offer, which would have been the price of fuel to go pick it up at the dealer with the lowest price anyway).

So my sales experience was pretty good, mostly because I chose exactly what I wanted, played dealers off each other over email, and then got the price I was looking for.

It's nice that the place I'm picking it up is close to home. But I worry about service after reading this.

I spent over a month researching trailers... I guess I should have spent some more time researching dealers as well...

That's life. Hopefully it works out (fingers crossed).

7 more weeks to wait (or so...)
You should have a pleasant experience in your purchase. I would recommend CW on my purchase experience. After I put a down payment on my 5er the area GM decided to clear out the 2014 models and they knocked another 5K off the unit. I already had the best price I could find on a nationwide internet inquiry. My point being CW sells thousands of RV's and though not all deals and service are what someone would expect many more are. I have seen and heard some stories about smaller RV dealers that would make you think buying an RV would be insane. Good luck on your purchase and many happy miles of travel.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #45

honestly I couldn't make this stuff up. As stated earlier I have had nothing but a poor experience with them on-line, in-store in the Kissimmee Fl store we found a great person, helpful and knowledgeable too.

So this makes me laugh, on June 2nd I placed an order for several items. Not seeing anything for weeks I called multiple times, st on hold one day for an hour just because I was at work and really wanted to see if anyone would answer. Never once did I get a person to answer. So on June 25th I sent an email, thinking maybe I would get a reply. Haha, silly me.

Yesterday 8/25 I check my email and they finally responded. My order did show up, the last item was well over a month, it trickled in piece by piece.
Below is the email I received, I feel much better now , BTW that's the number I called before...

To
  • XXXX@XXXXXXXXX

Hello Chris,

Thank you for contacting Camping World. We want to apologize for the amount of time it has taken us to respond to your inquiry. We are following up on emails that were delayed due to our system upgrade, and are reaching out to make sure your issue has been resolved accordingly. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly or call our Customer Service department at 1-800-626-3636.

Thank You
Sam
Camping World Customer Care

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 6/25/2015 8:49 PM
To: cs@campingworld.com
Subject: Order XXXXXXXXXX
Hi,
How long does it take for an order to ship?
My order is still showing packing...
Thanks
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
CW's CEO can't keep his political positions to himself. I wouldn't give his company a dime.

They'll never get another dime of my money.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #47

a funny follow up -

Last week, after we brought home our new Keystone, I got a letter from Camping World thanking me for my purchase. I think that's how they keep going in the face of all these negative reviews, they are just clueless.

It's a shame that they have a sort of monopoly on the Jayco products - at least in my area. No one can come close to the prices they have on Jayco's. In the end it just wasn't worth it to me.

We are super happy with our new Springdale. My only regret is that the Keystone forums don't seem as great as this one. You all might be stuck with me - Jayco or not LOL.
llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:33 PM   #48

Drove past CW yesterday and took mine to a Pueblo dealer, another 40 miles. Had one experience with this CW. It wasn't horrible, but wasn't reassuring, either. At best, I find all CWs I've visited looking for RVs, parts, stuff, etc., very impersonal. Just a number.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #49

After everything I've read about CW over the years, I would never take a rig there for service. Not only that I really hate going to their stores and getting pestered on the way out by some little kids trying to sell me memberships to various clubs.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #50

Labor rate for CW in Columbia SC is $120 per hour. Wonder what it is in New York or LA
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:09 AM   #51

run, run away fast. Camping world pulled a bait and switch on us. When we realized it when we were doing our inspection, they quit showing us the camper. We decided to buy it anyway. To add insult to injury, the information packet they gave us had information on the missing items. The only reason we didn't walk away is because the camper is nice and we liked it There were no other Jayco Fight 24FBS in the Atlanta area. This one was in Oakwood. Hopefully, the Woodstock location will give decent service if needed.
The worst part is my husband has a disability and the large grab handle was one of the biggest selling features. We will have to put one on this unit.
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote