Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #1

Canada Day long weekend

Just got back from our extended family camping trip on the Canada Day long weekend. Weather ws good on Fri, Sat it rained and Sunday rained off and on all day and night and the weather held on Monday for packing up....I lent a lot of my camping gear and tarps to all my family and had some family that showed up that said that they could not make it which was fun to accommodate them. Ended up moving a large tent onto my site which made for cramped quarters. We muddled thru it. Later on in the day, one of my SIL came to our site and summoned my wife who is a nurse, I ran after them down to their site and we determined he had a major heart attack and I called 911.....we had park rangers on site as well as the fire dept who are first responders and a ambulance within minutes. My brother is now in a local trauma hospital in ICU awaiting a angioplasty procedure and then they have to check his kidneys for damage. We did continue the camping trip although it was a bit muted.....family loved my trailer and my youngest daughter was visiting from out of town stayed with us. It soon became frustrating since I have several nephews who kept wanting to use our dinette for their card games since we had so much rain and they were tracking wet dirt in and raised the humidity with made our pillows and bedding a little damp. I told them that they had to use the public restrooms and not our washroom. Overall we still had fun even if it sounded like marbles from the falling fain on the roof and we have a group site booked already next year at Alice Lake
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #2

Yes - rained on the island a bit too...but didn't have your troubles, that's for sure. Hope your brother scrapes through...

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3

If you are still smiling and talking to each other after that, you are doing OK!
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote