I figured since I've been taking pics during my modifications, I might as well share them.
I know that I enjoy looking at the work that others have done. Hope these are of assistance to someone!
So the first time I filled the fresh water tank and fired up the pump, I wasn't impressed. Noisy!, surging water pressure and nearly constant pump cycling... So I looked into what was going on and found this...
Not the best pic, but the suction hose going into the pump was kinked and the discharge wasn't straight. The mounting screws were so tight, the rubber isolators were compressed. The mechanic in me looked at this and said "Theres hardly any water volume in the system past the pump, no wonder I have pump cycling issues. I need an accumulator. I wonder if there is one made for RVs?"
I was elated to see that one was available. So I picked one up, along with a pump silencing kit and repiped the suction line with PEX and remounted the pump with 4 "lightly torqued" screws.
What a difference! Pump doesn't cycle every time you turn on the sink, steady water pressure and super quiet! I was really
surprised how much I'd cut down on the noise.
Ok, on to the next foreseeable problem... No fart fan! After much research on the old inter web, I settled on the Maxxair 7000. Built-in rain cover, 10 speeds with voltage clipping to reduce power consumption, and yes, a remote !
I picked up a 20 pack of LED panels off FleaBay and replaced the bulbs in every fixture, even the hood fan and exterior light. These work great and run much cooler than the 921s. Also threw a cover on the roof vent up front and put Command strip hooks everywhere...No pics, thats boring.
The bench seats and the lower bunk all utilize super thin plywood which flexes and doesn't feel too sturdy. Easy fix - cut another, slightly thicker piece to go on top of that one. Makes a world of difference when your scooting into the bench with the table up! I also threw some thumb holes in them to make removal easier.
Now, the best thing that I've done to date was stiffen up the frame for the Table/Bed. On our first trip, I slept like crap. Every time I turned over or moved, I was greeted with a loud squeaking/rubbing sound. I planned and executed my moves like a Ninja, to roll over quietly. When we got home, I investigated the framework which holds up the table top. I was surprised that Jayco didn't do a better job supporting the bed. It was so flimsy that I'm amazed that my wife and I didn't break it and come crashing to the floor. Luckily, that too was an easy fix- some 1x2s and 1x4s, Chicago bolts, particle board screws and a lil dark wood stain...Add bracing in the front to carry the load down to the floor and bracing in the back to tie it together.
What a world of difference a few properly spaced pieces of wood can make! I slept like a baby and felt better knowing that I wasn't going to wake up on the floor.
Well, thats a start. I'm sure I'll be adding more soon. I'll be tackling a second battery install shortly...