Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #11
Site Team
They look like VERY lightweight jumper cables. They attach to 2 terminals on the end of the awning, where the motor is located. They have clips on the other end for attachment to an external battery.

The instructions say that any voltage battery will work from 9-18v. If you look on the Carefree site, you will find complete instructions and maybe a way to order the cable.

On a used rig, it was likely long lost. I hope you never need it.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
I just had a Dometic electric awning installed and there were no jumper cables..... I really love this awning so far! Hope this will continue to be the case.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
Were you able to get this issue resolved yet? Just to let you know, I had a very similar problem with mine, would go out about a foot or so and pop the fuse. I located a short in my wiring where the awning head (motor bracket assembly) mounts to the awning arm. It appeared that when the head was mounted to the arm, the wiring got pinched between the two assemblies and after ten months or so, finally wore through. I was able to repair the bad section and reroute the wires to an open path. No more fuse problem.
Hope this helps someone-
Happy camping!
2011 Jay Filght G2 32BHDS
2008 Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.0L
Reese DC, Prodigy controller
rescuebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
I recently purchased a 2010 Octane ZX and guess what? No jumper cable either. I was out to the local camping world and found a toy hauler with a care free awning. In a drawer I found the jumper cables. They are made of regular lamp cord with alligator clips (red/blk) on one end and exposed wire on the other end. I plan on making my own set and making them long enough to reach ground level. I’m also going to go through the procedure to get familiar just in case. Hope this helps!
batchief3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
my dealer is fixing it for me under warranty. sounded like they were replacing the motor.

chas111 is offline   Reply With Quote