Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2015, 05:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully585 View Post
loading drinks into it before leaving the house is pointless, since it doesn't run when you're traveling. loading drinks into it when you get where you're going is pointless, since it takes a full day for the little fridge to get them cold.
I keep our TT plugged in at home. That keeps the mini-fridge running in addition to the inside fridge. I stock the mini with stuff that's already cold and load the night before leaving to assure it stays that way. In our case, we don't usually have to travel more than a few hours and always camp where there's power. For those who regularly camp on battery power or travel long distances, yes, its a waste of space.

I have found stuff likes to shift around in the mini, so I place a piece of 1" foam between the fridge and compartment door when traveling, to make sure the fridge door stays sealed.

Mike & Theresa, Madison, WI
2012 Jayco White Hawk 26SRK
2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost FX4
Fatfenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfenders View Post
I keep our TT plugged in at home. That keeps the mini-fridge running in addition to the inside fridge. I stock the mini with stuff that's already cold and load the night before leaving to assure it stays that way. In our case, we don't usually have to travel more than a few hours and always camp where there's power. For those who regularly camp on battery power or travel long distances, yes, its a waste of space.

I have found stuff likes to shift around in the mini, so I place a piece of 1" foam between the fridge and compartment door when traveling, to make sure the fridge door stays sealed.
I bought a child cabinet safety latch and it keeps my fridge door shut. And bonus, it keeps the fridge door open when the camper is parked and not being used.
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 PM   #23

I'm in the 'not worth it' camp. We used ours once all season last year, so I removed it over the winter. Much happier with the extra storage space.
skylarkva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 06:33 AM   #24

fridge

We LOVE our outdoor fridge. It was another reason we picked the floor plane and brand that we did. Sitting at the fire, you don't need to go into the camper and let all the bugs in every time you want a refill.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #25

So, some of you open the storage compartment every time or leave it open? You don't believe bugs get in that way?
my toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by my toys View Post
So, some of you open the storage compartment every time or leave it open? You don't believe bugs get in that way?
I close the storage compartment, but leave the fridge door cracked to prevent mold.
vtdanokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #27

Can someone take a picture of what that storage space looks like and how much room the fridge takes up? Also, does this storage area already have a 110 outlet or is it added only if you add the fridge?
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 02:42 PM   #28

Not sure if the 'chill n store' is what I have, an outdoor kitchen? But we absolutly love ours!! Didn't care to have it when we bought the trailer but use it way more then the inside fridge!! Our condiments, all our drinks, go in there. I just pack everything in a cooler or 2 with ice, once I'm plugged in at the campground I transfer into the fridge and the cold drinks never warm up. I wouldn't want to put room temp drinks in but ice cold ones helps cool the fridge in no time. Can't express how happy I am my trailer came equipped the way it did.
canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:09 PM   #29

We found that it gave off a ton of heat that warmed up the bunk area significantly, so we quit using it... a cooler works better for drinks outside. I plan to make it removable so we can set it out on our table under the awning and plug it in, but haven't done it yet...

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:25 AM   #30

Those of you who removed it, how?

Did you pull just the fridge, or the whole frame work with it? Since ours has an outdoor kitchen already I don't see it as being useful for our camping.
apr1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocarp View Post
Can someone take a picture of what that storage space looks like and how much room the fridge takes up?
Just in case anyone is curious... I picked up my 26BH and here is the area with the chill n store option.

It takes up about 1/2 the door entrance, but there is still quite a bit of space behind the fridge you can access from under the bunk.
gocarp is offline   Reply With Quote