Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #11
May want to take it to a dealership. Just sayin.....

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Jebbo69 View Post

I have frequent tripping when too many appliances are on. I realize, after reading lots of other posts in this forum, that power can vary from campground to campground and that sometimes I'll trip breakers at one site but not at another. A friend of mine (who knows more about electric than I do) told me that sometimes they get weak after tripping a few times and that it may be worth replacing them. I figure for a few bucks I'll go ahead and do it. No other reason than that...
I've found that most RV manufacturers tend to put in a lot of outlets, but many of them are hooked up in a series configuration, ie outlet 2 receives its power from outlet 1. In most areas except the kitchen this usually isn't a problem. The easiest way to detect this is turn off all the breakers except main, and the circuit you are trying to map, take a lamp or other small 120v device, and see which outlets are live. If all your kitchen outlets are live, you know that you can't use the coffee pot and toaster at the same time, or the coffee pot may have to be plugged in by the dinette to prevent tripping.

2012 Jayflight 28 BHS
2014 F150, 5.0 L, 3.55 axle
Curious by Nature is offline   Reply With Quote