Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Coleman Louver Assembly

2006 Jayco Travel Trailer
Jay Feather EXP 19H
Coleman AC Unit Series 8000
I need to replace Louver/ Vane in my unit. This is used to control the air flow coming out of the ac. There are two. One in the front and one in the back. Mine have become brittle and are breaking off as you try to adjust them. Any ideas on the best way to do this? It looks like they just fit into two holes (One on the left and one on the right) Do you just bend the main shaft until it snaps in. Don't want to break it so I thought I would ask.
fredb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:13 PM   #2

I didn't get an answer so I guess nobody has done this or maybe I didn't explain it right. I went ahead and gave it a try. The old vanes just fell apart when trying to remove them. The shaft they are mounted on did bend without breaking so I was able to remove them. The new shaft was a little more flexible so I was able to bend it enough to get it into the holes. The new vanes just snap onto the shaft so no problem there. Job completed.
fredb38 is offline   Reply With Quote