Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2013, 03:19 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
If you have a manual awning... always close it when you leave or go to bed... Guess how I know this?
X2 Nothing like getting up at 2am to roll up the awning in high winds and rain.

Donr827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Well, I spent the afternoon re-stringing a few of the pleated window shades in my '11 JayFlight. Those blinds are poorly engineered as there is considerable strain and friction put on the strings when moving the blind up and down and over time they wear out and snap. I was able to pick up a small amount of string at a local home decorating store but will be looking to order an entire roll as this will likely need doing every couple years.

Otherwise the trailer is nice and solid, very few complaints with it. Would recommend that in addition to the routine roof/window caulking maintenance that you also take a peak under the trailer periodically as well. That's when I discovered that the bolts holding the straps for the fresh water tank had rusted out and failed. Was an easy enough fix.

2011 28BHS
2011 F-150 5.0L with tow package
canuckowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #13
Has anyone had problems with sewer drain?

We just bought a 2013 x213 and love it! The only thing I have noticed is we have not stayed at a campground yet that has had a sewer connection low enough to use our bathroom and empty it into the site drain. This has been a problem all summer. When I dump it it is really hard to clean out. Is anyone else having this problem and is there any thing to do about it?

matt82654 is offline   Reply With Quote