I am having great difficulty understanding the weight ratings and what is considered safe. I guess I do not understand the 'Maximum Towing Capacity
and 'Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
. If someone can answer my questions below would be most helpful.
[B]How does the maximum towing capacity of 7100lbs and gross vehicle weight rating of 6050lbs for my TV factor into this equation.
What are the crucial weights that I should focus on when the information on the Tow Vehicle and Travel Trailer are:
- 2000 Toyota Tundra 4x4 with the 4.7 v8 Specifications:
· Curb Weight 4681lbs
· Maximum payload capacity of 1406lbs
· Maximum towing capacity of 7100lbs
· Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 6050lbs
· Gross Axle Weight Rating - Front 3160lbs
· Gross Axle Weight Rating - Rear 3760lbs
My tow vehicle Loaded with Camper Shell, Passengers, Fuel & Cargo weighs approx 5600lbs
Where does the TT weights fall into this, assuming a weight distribution hitch is used ?
- 2012 Jayco Jayflight model 22fb Specifications:
· UVW 4370lbs.
· GVWR of 6500lbs.
· CCC of 2130lbs.
· Dry hitch weight of 570lbs.
Greatly appreciate any assistance to help me better understand all this.