Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #1

Considering Jay Flight 32TSBH purchase - thoughts?

We are considering our first TT purchase and really like the layout of the Jay Flight 32TSBH. Any thoughts from owners out there? Likes, dislikes? Must have options? What are you towing with?
buyu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #2

We bought a 2015 32bhds this summer and really love it.
Towing it with a Ford f-250 diesel truck and probably wouldn't recommend anything smaller than a 3/4 ton truck. My camper weighs 9000 pounds without full water tanks, and the tongue weight is 1450. Not light weight. The diesel has plenty of power to pull it up the mountains but the weight is substantial.
2004 Ford Super Duty f-250, Bulletproofed 6.0 Powerstroke diesel with SCT chip
Husker Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #3

We have the 2015 32TSBH and we are towing with a 2015 GMC Sierra with the Towing Package. It doesn't do as well as a 3/4 ton truck but it fills the needs without any issues. I couldn't justify the 3/4 ton when this is my daily driver.

We love the RV. We have owned since May and haven't had any major issues. My only regret is that the dealer is so far away from our house. We have to drive 40 minutes for any service issues so it is a hassle.

This RV is great if you have kids or take frequent guests on trips with you. The bedroom separation is fantastic and the bunkhouse is huge! If it is just the two of you, I would opt for a unit with larger living room and recliners.

I would also try to negotiate swapping out the under awning LED lighting with a blue or green light. The light it comes with is too bright and attracts a lot of bugs during the summer. I am 6' 2" and my only real complaint is the tight bathroom quarters. Not a lot of leg room when sitting on the commode. Not a deal killer though.

We negotiated to include the second air conditioner unit. Helps cool down during 100 degree weather, but overkill when sleeping.

I wish the storage underneath was a bit bigger, but not bad.

2016 have frame-less windows which are nice. I think I would have opted for a fiberglass body mainly for aesthetics, but the aluminum hasn't been an issue. Ours had the couch that converts to bed which is nice, but I would have preferred one with reclining seats and footrest.

Overall, we love it!
slervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #4

I do not have one, but I do have a 2014 32BHDS. I looked at the TSBH and we considered it, but due to the slide moving over into the camp side we decided not to go with it. That and I thought I would walk out the back door and run into it - same reasons we didn't get something with a kitchen slide.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #5

The 2015 one we have only has one door, so no issue walking into slider. The bunkhouse slider does come out the camping side, but it is also the outdoor kitchen, so no issues for us.
slervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #6

Owning a 32 BHDS, unless you pack really light, it would be very tough to stay under the trucks payload rating, and possibly the rear axle rating depending on what you have in the front pass through storage and the truck bed....

Our 32 BHDS is about 9200lbs loaded, with about 1400lbs of tw. AlI post "about" because when I did weigh it, I didn't have the rear cargo hitch, bike rack, or any bikes on the rear of the trailer, or the boys "stuff" in the bunk room....

What tow vehicle do you currently have?

We went with the BHDS as we didn't NEED the extra bunk room space the TSBH gives. And we liked everything about the BHDS for our needs better than the TSBH. And it was a little cheaper price! Lol Though we didn't need the 32 BHDS either.... But that's another story!

Good luck deciding!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #7

We have a 2015 TSBH, and for us it works fine. We considered the BHDS but went with the TSBH for one main reason: the bunk room. It's huge. The thing that tilted us to the TSBH was the bunk room. The tv in the BHDS is under one of the bunks, so if the kids want to watch a little tv before bed, someone is left out. With both bunks sliding out in the TSBH, and the tv in the middle, they can both see the tv. Plus all the storage in the bunk room gave my wife more room to store sheets and towels.

We got the fiberglass siding with frameless windows. The windows don't open as much as a framed window, but for warm temps, they provide enough air flow. If it's hot and or humid, it's AC time anyway.

Another consideration was the bathroom. I do like the outside access in the BHDS, but the vanity top is bigger in the TSBH... more room for toiletries.

Tow vehicle is a 2500 Dodge, Hemi, 4.10 gears. I wouldn't tow long distances with less than a 2500.

If you're still with me, the bottom line is, find a layout that fits your family. It may take awhile, but it's out there. Good luck.

Bob