Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgivens View Post
We love our 2015 Eagle 30RKDS! After extensive research, we narrowed our search to the Cougar and the Jayco (both had the rear kitchen/front bedroom configuration we wanted). After comparing the fit, finish and price we chose Jayco and have been so pleased! The customer service has been fantastic and the trailer is solid, sturdy and beautiful.
Glad to see you love your layout! My wife and I just purchased a 2013 316RKDS and I love it. We got an unbelievable deal from an automotive lot where someone traded on a vehicle. They don't sell new RVs and just wanted to sell it.

I love the fit and finish of the Jayco and have looked at them for years, I just now got into position to buy however, and and happy to have my Eagle!!
Mountaineer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:27 PM   #22

JAYCO poor quality

On 4/14/2015 I purchase a ned 2014 338RETS JAYCO Travel Trailer, vin IUJBJ0BU1E1CD0166, from Albany RV (RVONE Supertore).
Since mid-April, I have made several request to the Albancy RV/RVONE Superstore and JAYCO to fix/repair the following:
(very disappointed in quality of this “new” trailer)

TV stopped working on the second day we used it.
Sliding door between bedroom and bathroom broke within a week of our first trip
Bedroom Slideout does not come in correctly (binds)
Molding is coming off in several places
Stairs are bent and need replacement
Leaking skylight over dining table (table is to be replaced)
Remote for slideout did not work
Recliners to be installed in place of misinstalled couch, was advertised and sold not the way it was delivered
Underbelly is coming off
Dining room chair bottom is falling off
Front had to be repainted and is already pealing

Also called on 4 August to get update on furniture delivery and was told that delivery would be 2 Sep. I arranged to get a substitute for my class (I teach) and took a day of leave. No furniture arrived and when I called, I was told it needed to be rescheduled again.

Was told someone would call to arrange for repairs (no one called, so I called and still waiting for service call)
338RETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:21 PM   #23

The above post is becoming too frequent for comfort. Ours was ordered in Dec of 2010 and we asked for a late April '11 delivery. For all practical purposes it was and remains flawless. Could it be we bought when sales sucked and as business picks up, quality concerns become a distant second to production?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #24

Just my opinion but they are all about the same. Do expect all of them to have a lot of minor problems that you can address, Our Pheaton had issues, our Country Coach some issues. We downsized to a White Hawk travel trailer that had issues and Jayco customer service was the worst. We dumped it and we now own a Starcraft and other than a small squeak in the floor it has been great.
All of the companies produce good and bad ones. Someone said find the plan that fits your family needs and pray that you do not have major issues, good advice.

ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote