Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2017, 05:26 PM   #1

Corner leaks and replacement wall paneling

I have a 2012 29QBH in the fall I developed a leak and found it only by seeing the front wall paneling all buckled and wall paneling was soft .Well i found the leak was coming from the corner seals under the angled corners I have since found a new product called corner seal it is a felt tape product that seals the aluminum panels before installing the corner moldings.This is a project I will be doing in the spring.My issue now is the wall paneling on the inside of camperI can not find a panel that matches my interior. Does anyone know what the color is on this panel and where it can be purchased .Im in New York. I have looked at paneling stores nothing matches and I would like it to match as close as possible the original wall colors .I called Jayco they tell me it is discontinued?
mrfixit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:53 AM   #2

Try Bontragers Surplus

Try calling Bontragers Surplus. They are located near the Jayco plants and have a lot of Jayco discontinued items. They may be able to help you. I don't know what the relationship is with Jayco but the founders of Jayco last name was also Bontrager. Hope this helps

Bontrager's Surplus Incorporated
RV Repair & Service
Bontrager's Surplus Inc is your connection for quality surplus RV parts and mobile home improvement materials at the... more

18719 E Us Highway 12, White Pigeon, MI 49099
Call (269) 483-7017
rwshelburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum mrfixit1! That sounds like quite the project. Good luck with the task, post pictures if you can. We love to see them and it might help some other member in the future with a similar repair.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #4

I will post some pictures, Im going to take the whole front of the trailer taken appart I have all the cabinets out already, I do not want to patch this up i want it to look like it was never touched if at all possible .Lucky for me the only thing damaged is the paneling frame wood is all good and it has been opened up since October so the leak is stopped temporarilly and i have been doing my research on this project. Thanks for the help already.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #5

Does anyone Know what color this paneling is called?
Old 02-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #6

Check this place, RV Paneling

https://colawrvsalvage.com

Do a Google search for Salvage RV, there are salvage lots all over the country, it will take some work but you may find what your looking for.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #7

Well after a lot of hunting i have struck out trying to get this paneling .I tried Bontragers That was a great place but they tell me they have a lot of panels but,nothing that matched ? Also tried another local place by me and they give me same answers try to find something thats close your not going to match it.I had hope for a few days but i guess it is imposable to get matching panels.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #8

An update; I was not able to find a matching panel,I went to a kitchen cabinet store and got something that matched the accents on window covers, a Dark brown I think this was my best choice at this point.Construction begins in a few weeks.Will keep everyone posted.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #9

Glad you found something that will work. Please post pics of the project when you get going.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwshelburne View Post
. I don't know what the relationship is with Jayco but the founders of Jayco last name was also Bontrager.
Shirt-tail relation. Bontrager is a very common Amish/Mennonite name.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #11

Just an update : i had all winter to figure out how i was going to make this repair well all is going well I have a lot of information to share about this just need time to get it all done stay tuned .
Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #12

Starting repairs Day 1

Well here goes the start of the repairs on day one i got quite far got front panels all removed got the bad section removed and ready to go back in . As you can see in photo #1 the sealing on these corners was really bad every inch of these corners were leaking. What a horrible job from the outside it looked great no gaps but also no sealing in the end the damage was minimal. I had to rebuild part of the front frame installed new panel and i got front bedroom wall back up all in one day.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0674.jpg   IMG_0675.jpg   IMG_0676.jpg   IMG_0677.jpg   51346831781__2E8C4422-3984-43BC-A9BC-531477639606.jpg  

IMG_0678.jpg   IMG_0680.jpg   IMG_0683.jpg  
Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #13

When taking it all apart starting by removing any staples to could see on all panels to seperate from main frame removed bottom panel first ,than went up from there the panels were glued together and sealed with what i found to be Quad sealant (Got this information from my local dealer who was very helpful< Still waiting for correct information from Jayco> I called them and emailed told me about everything but this sealer) Thank you WES Trailer Sales Wadding River New York.the panels had to be separated using a heat gun the glue was that good but melted with a heat gun and much work.