Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #11
Originally Posted by sportsmen View Post
I need to find a way to block the sunlight from the bath tub skylight in our 27BHS. I haven't found anything that would work and be easily installed and removed.... I have found vent covers, but they are not long enough...

Suggestions anyone ???

Thanks !
Came across your post figured I would show you what I did to block some of the sun and heat from my shower skylight. For my application I made two C channels out of galvanized, 18" long by 1-1/2" x 3/4" x 1-1/2". Removed the end screws on the skylight frame (2) and loosened the next two - slide the C channel under end of skylight frame and mark the bottom of C channel for each hole (Done for both ends) then remove.
Drill all four holes big enough to fit the head of the screw through. Place both C channels back under skylight ends and drill only through metal. Remove and paint. Next I purchased a clear piece of plexiglass 18" x 24" from Home depot for $22.00, I had from another project Gila smoke static cling window tint that I applied to one side of clear plexiglass. Can apply to both sides if you like it darker. I went to advance auto to purchase four plastic body caps - (Painted as shown in photo)
Place and mount both C channels with original screws, cut ends off of body caps and crazy glue to cover each hole on bottom of C channel. Slide tinted plexiglass down both channels and placed a 24-3/8" long x 1-1/2" x 5/8"( Your measurements may differ) painted galvanized angle between plexiglass and C channel to finish it off.
It cut the amount of sun light and heat coming in from the skylight and it is easy to remove for cleaning or if you want the heat from the sun back in. Photos below
PS: End cap not on waiting for paint to dry
Attached Thumbnails
20160916_141620.jpg   20160926_143841.jpg   20160927_123226.jpg   20160927_065346.jpg  

Money is not yours till you spend it !!!

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS
2015 Ford F250 4x4 Super Duty 6.2L
Equalizer 1,200/12,000 4-Point Sway Control Hitch
Whistler61 is offline   Reply With Quote