Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #11
Where I live, there are a ton of F-150's. Most towing trailers that there is no way they should be towing. I see short box ones towing large 5ers all the time. One guy had his truck squatting so much it was practically touching the rear wheels. I asked him if he was concerned about towing a 5er with the short box and he replied with, "not at all! I never even check weights. I know it's okay because the truck stays so even". WTF? Crazy people here.

2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost w/ MaxTow
SilverEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #12
Would've been interesting if 150/1500's were included in the poll. I see a boat load of 1/2 tonners towing RVs all the time.

Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #13
Just throwing this out there we use a Nissan Frontier to tow our 21FB @ about 5K loaded. We use a WD hitch and Sumo Springs in place of the OEM bump stops. The truck is rated for 6,100 and tows very nicely, level and smooth. It is the longest wheelbase (crew cab) version, similar to an extended cab 1/2 ton domestic.

The Frontier is pretty much the only truck with a factory roof rack which makes getting the kayaks into the woods a snap, and they may even help cut a swath through the air for less drag on the trailer. Just a guess though.
The real payoff is the narrower track which makes getting through the forest, after the trailer is set up, to the fishing holes. Fold in the mirrors and bushwhack away

Mach1tosh is offline   Reply With Quote