From the 2015 Eagle manual:
SANITIZING THE PLUMBING SYSTEM When to sanitize
When your RV is new.
At the beginning and end of each season.
When the water system becomes contaminated or every three months of use.
How to sanitize with a water pump
1. Level the RV and drain the fresh water system. (see Draining the fresh
2. Close the drain valves.
3. Prepare a chlorine solution using 1/4 cup of household bleach (sodium hypochlorite solution) to one gallon (3.785 liters) of water in a container. Prepare one gallon of solution for every 15 gallons of tank capacity. This will result in a residual chlorine concentration of 50 ppm in the water system. If a 100-ppm concentration is required as discussed in step 10, use 1⁄2 cup of household bleach with one gallon of water to prepare the chlorine solution. One gallon of the solution should be used for each 15 gallons of tank capacity.
4. Pour the chlorine solution in at the gravity fill connection (if so equipped).
5. Continue filling the fresh water tank with potable water until it is full.
6. Turn the water pump ON.
7. After the recommended amount of solution is in the tank, turn OFF the water pump.
8. Open the hot water line on all the faucets until water begins to flow continuously and a chlorine smell is noticeable.
9. Close the hot water lines and repeat with the cold water lines on the faucets.
10. Let the solution remain in the system for at least four hours when disinfecting with 50-PPM residual chlorine. If a shorter time period is desired, then a 100- PPM chlorine concentration should be permitted to sit in the system for at least one hour.
11. After the required period, drain the chlorine solution from the fresh water system (see Draining the fresh water system).
Some solution may remain in the water heater and will be flushed in the following steps:
12. Fill the fresh water system completely full using clean (potable) water.
13. Then,drainthefreshwatersystem(seeDrainingthefreshw atersystem).
NOTE: If a chlorine taste lingers in the water, flush the water system with a solution consisting of one-quart vinegar to five gallons of clean water. Re-flush as necessary.
I followed this and worked well. As others mentioned when I re-filled fresh water tank I used the pump and drained through the faucetts and toilet. 2 advantages I believe. 1. Faster way to drain and 2. Ensures through flush of water lines.
2015 Eagle 324bhts
tv. 2012 F-150 s/c lariat ecoboost 3.73 max tow