Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #1

Cool DE winterizing of our Eagle Super Light 25 RKS (2012)

Hi, my wife and I finished last weekend DE winterizing our RV, ran into some snags. When turning the two bypass valves at the hot water tank the valve heads came off in my hand. I was able to get them both open. Had small leaks at the lower valve. Well, off to a local RV store, bought two replacements plus the PEX clips. Next order of business was buying a PEX crimper at Home Depot. The RV is still under warranty however to hook-up and drive 4 hours is not worth the cost. The other problem was a leaking shower faucet which only required caulking.

This long weekend end Victoria Day (Canada) I changed out the valves. This had to be the most awkward job I have ever done. Being a retired helicopter technician for 35 years I thought this was going to be a breeze. My wife has never heard me curse this bad. Working in a confined space and having to remove the clips then get the crimper to crimp was just pure hell, in the end got it done with no leaks.

Now we enjoying our RV, the way it should be. This being a light RV I am always fixing something either re-attaching trim or replacing the screen handle which just seemed to fall off. I always like a challenge, keeps me busy.

Cheers East Ottawa
EastOttawa is offline   Reply With Quote