Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
de-winterizing tips...

Originally Posted by outofhere View Post
Hi The way that I de-winterize my trailer is, I first fill my water tank with a bleach (unscented) water mix I the allow it to sit for a couple of hours to sanitize the Whole tank then I open up my hot water by pass and start the pump by turning on the breaker while keeping the breaker to your hot water heater off. Then I open up the farthest out let which is for me is the outside shower HOT FIRST this will draw water into the hot water tank. As soon as all the air is out of the line and it stops sputtering then the tank is full I then open up the cold and all the rest of the lines until they run clear Now all lines have bleach water in them. I then shut of the pump close all the lines and let it sit for a couple of more hours Finally its drain and rinse till all the bleach is gone PS a little bleach water won’t hurt you if you look at most health department rules you will see that to hand wash dishes in a restaurant you give a second rinse to them using a mild solution of bleach water.
The only problem with opening the bypass valve right away is you are running all the antifreeze thru the water heater. I flush the lines really well first, then I open the hot water bypass. Just my thoughts.

2012 Toyota 4-Runner SR5
2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite 228

Jayco 228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
HI jaco 228 GREAT POINT. Not sure if I got my routine mixed up or what but I will remember this Happy Camping.

outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote