Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2016, 07:48 PM   #11

It's different dealers. Dealer I work @ doesn't charge, doc fees, prep fees, but you do pay the destination fee. That cost gets charged to the dealers from Jayco. Jayco hires drivers to drive these units from Indiana.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Old 08-25-2016, 02:57 AM   #12

To me, it doesn't matter what the dealer puts on the "dealer prep" line. The only number that counts is the bottom line, out the door price.

How the dealer wants to divide up that "out the door price" is strictly up to him.

If a dealer wants to show $1200 on the "dealer prep" line that's fine, as long as the trailer price is $1200 less.

Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
To me, it doesn't matter what the dealer puts on the "dealer prep" line. The only number that counts is the bottom line, out the door price.

How the dealer wants to divide up that "out the door price" is strictly up to him.

If a dealer wants to show $1200 on the "dealer prep" line that's fine, as long as the trailer price is $1200 less.
ABSOLUTELY!

Whether I am dealing RV's or other vehicles what they put on the bill of sale for selling price, trade value, destination, dealer prep, doc fees or any of the other "creative accounting charges" is of NO consequence. The "bottom line" is either acceptable or it is not.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:51 PM   #14

Dealer Prep

We just traded our motor home for a White Hawk 2015 dsrl. We paid a $250 dealer prep fee. I did not like paying the prep fee but didn't consider it that big of a deal. Other than the final walk through with a guy who took forever to explain and thought he was talking to first graders, the dealer did nothing for it. Well, he filled the propane. It was supposed to be detailed. The proof nothing was done was in all the stuff left under the dining seats from the previous owner that we found when we got home -we sold it along with the bedding, duvet covers etc in a garage sale. So I got the $250 back! When we did the trade, they asked us to bring our trade in with all tanks empty which we did plus I turned our trade in with a clean interior. However in the camper, the grey water was half full when we got it home. Our camper looked clean and still smelled new. However, I ended up spending an afternoon cleaning the whole unit when we got it home just because I am picky and it was used. It was not as clean as it looked -so much for detailing. I agree, it is the out the door price which we extremely happy with. We left with a camper we love, unloaded the motor home which always had something that needed fixing and a nice big check from trade. It was the first time we have ever traded anything and left with money!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #15

If you can get 30+% off MSRP, Out the door price, that's all that matters. They ganked me for dealer prep too, but they lost on the other end... makes no difference to me how they line item it.

Just don't give them that lost profit back when you talk to the finance guy and he wants to spray your couch with scotch guard for 900 bucks

bansai is offline   Reply With Quote