Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Just so no one is deceived by the "Jayco Factory Direct Parts" this IS NOT Jayco.

The registrant on that URL is:
Registrant Name: David Skogebo
Registrant Organization: World Wide RV
Registrant Street: 4660 E Main St.
Registrant City: mesa
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85205
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: (480) 832-5600

Jayco should (and probably will) file a Copyright infringement and get that URL taken down.
Thanks for taking the time to research this - It was on my to do list, just never got around to it...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #22

WorldWide RV is a Jayco exclusive dealer, maybe they have the right to sell Jayco parts under the Jayco name, and just maybe they get the "Jayco" parts their Jayco dealership sells from the Jayco factory.......although I doubt Jayco makes any parts at all.
RogerSwann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Does this dealership sell other brands or just Jayco?
They sell a lot of other brands-not Jayco exclusive
Debraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #24

Jayco dealers are being pushed towards exclusively carrying Jayco products. I bet you won't see the Jayco brand there once inventory is depleted.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #25

This is the dealer that I had my warranty work done at. I had good luck with them and never had something under warranty be denied. I would say I didn't buy my trailer from them as the prices were outrageous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Just so no one is deceived by the "Jayco Factory Direct Parts" this IS NOT Jayco.

The registrant on that URL is:
Registrant Name: David Skogebo
Registrant Organization: World Wide RV
Registrant Street: 4660 E Main St.
Registrant City: mesa
Registrant State/Province: Arizona
Registrant Postal Code: 85205
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: (480) 832-5600

Jayco should (and probably will) file a Copyright infringement and get that URL taken down.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Jayco dealers are being pushed towards exclusively carrying Jayco products. I bet you won't see the Jayco brand there once inventory is depleted.

this is what is most likely happening-
Debraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:53 PM   #27

Quote:

Why would THOR do that with JAYCO when they don't do it with their other brands?
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #28
Site Team

I guess CW will be hurting if that is true. I don't think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #29

Quote:

I don't see this ever happening, how many dealers are exclusive to one brand, not many. And these dealers are not franchises, just dealers that companies like Jayco don't have much control over, this is why warranty work from a non selling dealer is such a pain. The closest dealer to me just built a new headquarters on 32 acres, 100,000 sq ft building with 40 service bays, and over 500 units on the lot. They are in several states and sell many different brands including Jayco, what do you think this owner would say to Jayco if they said he can't sell other brands.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #30

That sounds like a bunch of BS. I don't think Thor is that stupid
tshirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #31

No knowledge of the Jayco concern noted, but I have seen this kind of thing happen both to Alumacraft boats and Taylor Guitars. For whatever murkey reason, the manufacturer cuts off some dealers selling their products and concentrates on others. In the two cases above, my nearby boat dealer was one of the biggest Alumacraft sellers in the state (which has the highest boat ownership per capita in the country)...and now carries none. In the other, a local shop was exclusively Taylor Guitars and was by far the largest seller in the country. No facts known as to why, but the speculation comes down on the side that the guitar place was selling too far below MSRP consistently, and via mail order was therefore "denying" sales to other dealers around the country.

Not saying that that is Thor's logic, but stopping sales to some dealers seems to be a trend in some industries.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:21 PM   #32

Yeah, your all right. I must be mistaken. It could never happen....
Old 09-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
No knowledge of the Jayco concern noted, but I have seen this kind of thing happen both to Alumacraft boats and Taylor Guitars. For whatever murkey reason, the manufacturer cuts off some dealers selling their products and concentrates on others. In the two cases above, my nearby boat dealer was one of the biggest Alumacraft sellers in the state (which has the highest boat ownership per capita in the country)...and now carries none. In the other, a local shop was exclusively Taylor Guitars and was by far the largest seller in the country. No facts known as to why, but the speculation comes down on the side that the guitar place was selling too far below MSRP consistently, and via mail order was therefore "denying" sales to other dealers around the country.

Not saying that that is Thor's logic, but stopping sales to some dealers seems to be a trend in some industries.
It certainly happened in the auto industry. The Big 3 consolidated and closed many of their small dealers.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
It certainly happened in the auto industry. The Big 3 consolidated and closed many of their small dealers.
Crabman, you may have noticed that the auto industry bailout by the federal government had something to do with dictating that. In other words, the situations are probably not equivalent.

FWIW, so far this thread has been nothing but speculation, including my own. And a lot of it borders on rumor mongering. It doesn't seem to be helpful.

Just my additional $.02 worth.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #35

Since this affects the OP, to get to the answer they should contact Jayco directly to determine if this is true and they must now look elsewhere for parts.

I would hope Jayco would be upfront and tell them the truth.
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Crabman, you may have noticed that the auto industry bailout by the federal government had something to do with dictating that. In other words, the situations are probably not equivalent.

FWIW, so far this thread has been nothing but speculation, including my own. And a lot of it borders on rumor mongering. It doesn't seem to be helpful.

Just my additional $.02 worth.

Roger
Yes there was consolidation after the bailouts and bankruptcies, in fact even some larger dealerships were taken out. But many small home town dealers were taken out years before that. You are correct though, this thread is going nowhere fast.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #37

I just had my 2014 Eagle serviced at a Mom & Pop dealer and warranty work done. They also ordered me a replacement door for a cabinet from Jayco as well. We will see if that comes in.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #38

So far I've not heard or witnessed any actual facts that could back up the OP's post. Not saying anyone is wrong and that it can't or won't happen; but right now there's just a whole lot of smoke. I suggest we all take a deep breathe and rather than speculate, we wait and see if it becomes a reality. And if it does we'll just have to accept it and move on. I'd rather be camping than worrying
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:50 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
So far I've not heard or witnessed any actual facts that could back up the OP's post. Not saying anyone is wrong and that it can't or won't happen; but right now there's just a whole lot of smoke. I suggest we all take a deep breathe and rather than speculate, we wait and see if it becomes a reality. And if it does we'll just have to accept it and move on. I'd rather be camping than worrying
I agree. Thor will definitely make some changes, but they didn't purchase Jayco to destroy it. It will all work out I'm sure.

We could be in a situation where Jayco went bankrupt and closed the doors. We are definitely better off than this option.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #40

I am glade you brought this subject up on parts, over a year ago we ordered a curtain for our G2 bunkhouse, we paid for the curtain,and have never received it they did tell us it had to be made,but a year ??? we did not buy the curtain through a dealer,my wife talked with some one at the builder..
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote