Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #21

Quick Update

Ultimately we decided that the truck we had would work for 90% of our trips but the trip that was prompting us to upgrade to a bigger trailer was this mountain trip. In the end I had enough input to tell me the 1500 would work but it wasn't giving us the warm fuzzies. We purchased a new 2500HD last week. Then something funny happened. A friend's camper was sitting idle for the entire length of our trip and is just a hair smaller than the ones we were looking at here - so we decided to 'rent' the trailer for the long trip and see what we notice. We are upgrading from a Hybrid and before we purchased that we rented a pop up and learned alot about our wants and needs during that trip. (which led to us not purchasing a pop up)

I'm still completely in love with both of these trailers - and we purchased the truck to haul one of them...so I'm sure one of these days one of them is coming home with us.....Just not sure which one. My husband is 6' 4'' and the comment about the flight being taller is intriguing - however we went back and tried the beds and the bed situation in the hawk actually lends itself better to his length and allows him to stretch out. So we still don't know!! Sounds like both are a good choice! But we won't be making the decision based on weight now...which gives me piece of mind!
khjulberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by khjulberg View Post
Ultimately we decided that the truck we had would work for 90% of our trips but the trip that was prompting us to upgrade to a bigger trailer was this mountain trip. In the end I had enough input to tell me the 1500 would work but it wasn't giving us the warm fuzzies. We purchased a new 2500HD last week. Then something funny happened. A friend's camper was sitting idle for the entire length of our trip and is just a hair smaller than the ones we were looking at here - so we decided to 'rent' the trailer for the long trip and see what we notice. We are upgrading from a Hybrid and before we purchased that we rented a pop up and learned alot about our wants and needs during that trip. (which led to us not purchasing a pop up)

I'm still completely in love with both of these trailers - and we purchased the truck to haul one of them...so I'm sure one of these days one of them is coming home with us.....Just not sure which one. My husband is 6' 4'' and the comment about the flight being taller is intriguing - however we went back and tried the beds and the bed situation in the hawk actually lends itself better to his length and allows him to stretch out. So we still don't know!! Sounds like both are a good choice! But we won't be making the decision based on weight now...which gives me piece of mind!
Be aware the new 2016 28bhbe Jay flight now has the longer bed if I read correctly. My husband is 6'3 and the extra height of Jay flight did help sell us. He can stand up straight under the shower lol
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote