Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 06:01 AM   #31

Sounds like you've read my previous posts on this subject. I've been full-timing in my TT since the end of last July. After 10 months of sleeping on my Denver Mattress every night, I can honestly say "I love it"! As I've posted before, I bought a 3" memory foam topper from Target. I tried it on top of the mattress for a week, and didn't like the slow response time - especially the slow "spring-back" time. Read someone else's post on here about putting the topper underneath the mattress, so I gave that a try. What a difference! Since my Denver Mattress is not a pillow top, I added an old 1" corrugated foam rubber pad on top of the mattress. I then put a regular quilted mattress pad over the whole combo. That combination gives me a fabulous sleep . . . the best I've ever had. I did spin the mattress 180* in January, since it was starting to dip a little where I sleep. I'll flip it over in another couple of months - just like you would your mattress at home.

For those of you who've said you feel like you're sleeping on the plywood base, I ask you to consider putting the memory foam topper between the mattress and the plywood. That acts just like a box spring, and eliminates the response-time and temperature issues others have disliked about memory foam. It's worked for me every night for the past 10 months!

2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:50 AM   #32
Funny, me and the DW just said the same thing most of you are. We have done about 30 nights on ours and no more. I even said to her, "we are sleeping on bare wood at this point". It developed the dips early on. It has not held up at all. I didn't figure it would but it is worse than the mattress in my old Cougar. She is only 120 lbs and her side almost looks like mine. We are new mattress shopping this weekend. Going to put a nice one in it this time!

2013 F-350 SRW 6.7 Powerstroke
2015 Jayco HT 29.5BHDS
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:45 AM   #33
$100,000.00 motorhome and have to purchase a new mattress !!! What a joke !!!

2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31 DS
2009 Jeep Wrangler X
2012 Jayco Skylark (SOLD)
adaigle is offline   Reply With Quote