Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #31
I have filled my GMC Duramax up at the big rig nozzles many times and it fits fine. Not sure about other makes...

2017 JayFlight 28BHBE
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH (Sold)
2007 GMC 2500 Sierra Classic Crew Cab LBZ Duramax / 6spd Allison
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:59 PM   #32
Diesel fueling when towing

Rule of thumb. Loves are the cleanest, Pilot second cleanest, but about the size of a postage stamp. Flying J normally offer rv islands, TA/Petro may require anti-biotic.

As for using truck islands, use common curtesy and understand some trucks will take longer than others, some truck drivers are professionals and some are not worth the title. Most of them are as scared of you driving around them as you are of them driving around you. If you own a GM truck good luck with the DEF nozzle reaching to the passenger side. I normally fill a jug and then take it over and fill the tank, then fill the jug and put in my tool box in case I end up needing some and can't find it at the pump.

If you have a Flying J RV rewards card you can activate the pump at any truck fuel lane at a flying j or pilot then go inside to pay. Still a pain, but normally after burning through a full tank I need to use the restroom.

As for tax on fuel. If you don't have a IFTA sicker on the side of your truck then you don't pay any less or any more when fueling at truck lanes vs. auto lanes.

Hoojs12840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:32 PM   #33
Sentiments are nice but In America we are all equal. My splashing 40 gal. into my F250 tank won't disrupt the 18 wheelers schedule any longer than it'll take them to pee; excuse my English.
2008 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 29.5
2014 F250 6.7 PSD 4X4, CC LB
Wrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #34
clubhouse, Thanks for measuring your fuel inlet. It looks to be a mute point now since your inlet is 1/2" larger than that on my JGC. As oldmanAZ said, going to a truck stop to see if there nozzles will fit is the best way to determine whether I can fuel at those pumps.

The only issue is there isn't a close truck stop to me. Probably 45 miles away. I guess in my journey's north from here I'll try and check one out to determine my situation. Might be awhile before I get that direction.

If anyone viewing ever has the chance to measure a nozzle at the trucker pumps please post that info on here. Appreciate every ones input. One day the mystery will be solved. Wireman
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:23 PM   #35
Handy apps for Iphone/Ipad are Truck Stops Finder and Truckers Path. Both will show locations of most every place that sells diesel in your vicinity. Truckers Path will also show the location of all rest areas. I always use the truckers pumps at the truck stops, have never had an issue. I also have a 35 gallon auxiliary tank in the bed of my TV to extend my range.

dzchaney is offline   Reply With Quote