Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #1

different options on jayflight 26bh

can somebody tell me the differences between the jayflight 26bh and the jayflight 26bhw.
mike hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #2

I can't find the 26BHW but I see the 26BHS that has that great 36" super slide out. If you have a choice take the BHS, you'll never regret that extra floor space in the same size trailer.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 AM   #3

did you mean 26bh and 264bhw??? if that is the case I can help you out I do not believe jayco has a 26bhw model. if this is the case send me a message as I just purchased a 26bh and was considering the 26bhw.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #4

yes that is what I meant thnx
whatever info you have would be great
Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

differances

i'll start out by saying this is a long post but worth reading.

the floorplan is identical its a lot of small differences they are both very nice units the 264bhw is the "budget" version, I put budget in quotes because it is still a very nice unit that has many outstanding options that many units of similar price do not include.

these are most of the big differences found on the 26bh that the 264bhw does not have
2 outdoor speakers, upgraded mattresses, two 30lb propane tanks(as opposed to two 20lbs), 8cu ft refrigerator (as opposed to 6 cu ft), water heater that is electric and propane (as opposed to just propane), a dvd player, main bed struts, extra/more cabinets especially above main bed (as opposed to just a shelf), spare tire that is mounted underneath trailer (as opposed to a bumper mounted spare which is not standard on the 264bhw and is a $150 upgrade), the ac on the 26bh is thermostaticly controlled (on the 264bhw it is not on the thermostat its either on or off on whatever setting you choose.

the only upgrade options for the 264bhw is a spare tire and the 15k btu a/c.

On the 26bh there is a whole ton of options such as thermal package, upgraded rims, rear ladder, elite package (to many things to list, wish I ordered that option on mine but oh well), fiberglass sidewalls, electric jacks, tv options, and many more I did not list you can get the full list on jayco's website.

some things the 264bhw has that most units in its price range do not include are power togue jack, led lighting on all interior/exterior lights (which is awesome!!!), power awning, and a oven (which is also awesome I cant wait to use this for biscuits in the morning).

both units are outstanding choices if you have the extra money I would go with the 26bh but at the same time I would not hesitate at all to go for the 264bhw for me it was a hard choice but decided to order the 26bh because I really wanted the thermal package as I live in ohio and sometimes early and late season camping can be cold. also got the upgraded ac and rear ladder.

go to rvdirect and get a price quote they typically have the lowest prices however they may not be local. they are not local to me but I got a local dealer to match their price and beat their price on the hitchworks. many dealers will not match their pricing but it is a good starting point it may be worth paying a little more to buy local if the local service department has a good reputation. I hope this helps any other questions feel free to ask! I hope this post isn't to long either lol but it has some good details!
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:51 AM   #6

hey jkochmit1 thanks for all the info. No worries post was not too long
Old 03-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #7

Want to give you props

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkochmit1 View Post
i'll start out by saying this is a long post but worth reading.

the floorplan is identical its a lot of small differences they are both very nice units the 264bhw is the "budget" version, I put budget in quotes because it is still a very nice unit that has many outstanding options that many units of similar price do not include.

these are most of the big differences found on the 26bh that the 264bhw does not have
2 outdoor speakers, upgraded mattresses, two 30lb propane tanks(as opposed to two 20lbs), 8cu ft refrigerator (as opposed to 6 cu ft), water heater that is electric and propane (as opposed to just propane), a dvd player, main bed struts, extra/more cabinets especially above main bed (as opposed to just a shelf), spare tire that is mounted underneath trailer (as opposed to a bumper mounted spare which is not standard on the 264bhw and is a $150 upgrade), the ac on the 26bh is thermostaticly controlled (on the 264bhw it is not on the thermostat its either on or off on whatever setting you choose.

the only upgrade options for the 264bhw is a spare tire and the 15k btu a/c.

On the 26bh there is a whole ton of options such as thermal package, upgraded rims, rear ladder, elite package (to many things to list, wish I ordered that option on mine but oh well), fiberglass sidewalls, electric jacks, tv options, and many more I did not list you can get the full list on jayco's website.

some things the 264bhw has that most units in its price range do not include are power togue jack, led lighting on all interior/exterior lights (which is awesome!!!), power awning, and a oven (which is also awesome I cant wait to use this for biscuits in the morning).

both units are outstanding choices if you have the extra money I would go with the 26bh but at the same time I would not hesitate at all to go for the 264bhw for me it was a hard choice but decided to order the 26bh because I really wanted the thermal package as I live in ohio and sometimes early and late season camping can be cold. also got the upgraded ac and rear ladder.

go to rvdirect and get a price quote they typically have the lowest prices however they may not be local. they are not local to me but I got a local dealer to match their price and beat their price on the hitchworks. many dealers will not match their pricing but it is a good starting point it may be worth paying a little more to buy local if the local service department has a good reputation. I hope this helps any other questions feel free to ask! I hope this post isn't to long either lol but it has some good details!
I need to give you props on your post.
We wanted to get an inexpensive starter trailer, and the Jayco 264BHW fit the bill, a local dealer had them for $12,995 or for $500 more we got an upgraded couch, spare tire and outside shower, so $13,495.
We signed the deal and was going to pick it up on April 1st. Well after reading your comments on the 26BH compared to the 264BHW I really wanted that model.
I called my dealer and said I want to change to the 26BH. They had one with the Elite package in stock. Great, I actually wanted the Elite package.
They wanted $15,000 for a used one without a warranty. The new one was $16,995.
I told them to make me just one good offer on the 26BH or I was walking on 264BHW. They came back at $15,200 for the new one. I thought it was a fair price and now I'm picking it up Friday evening.
Looking forward to the nice upgrades on the 26BH. The Elite package alone is $00-1000 so for $1,700 more I got everything that I wanted.
Thanks again.
gburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #8

The 26BH has a stronger frame as well - I-class cambered structural steel I-beams - with cargo capacity of 2300 lbs and GVWR of 7000 lbs

The 264BHW has a cargo capacity of 1950 lbs and GVWR of 6500 lbs with a 4-inch cambered steel box tube frame.

Not a big difference but is still there...
Previous - 2011 Jay Series 1007 (traded); 2016 Jay Flight 26BH (traded)
TommyAjax is offline   Reply With Quote