Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2015, 06:04 PM   #31
Site Team
Have a 2010 we bought new, I would buy another one. Keep in mind there are thousands of happy, satisfied owners out there that never post on forums about their units, simply because their units are performing as expected.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #32
We've had ours since May and have gone on half a dozen trips with it already. We had a few minor warranty issues which the dealer dealt with satisfactorily -- we only had a delay of a few weeks while they ordered a part in, but it wasn't something that would have prevented us from using the trailer. We originally wanted a White Hawk 24RBS, but the price difference between that and the Jay Flight 24FBS was pretty significant, so much so that we decided we could be a little more flexible with our choice.

Our previous trailer was a 2005 Starcraft hybrid and we were happy with the quality of that unit, and before that we had a Dutchmen pop-up which was complete junk. But when the time comes to replace our 24FBS, another Jayco trailer would definitely be on our short list.

Geoff & Jill
& Sierra, the little white monster
2013 Ford F-150 XTR SC Ecoboost
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:49 PM   #33
Originally Posted by OhioRVMom View Post
we bought a camper in May, had it for a little over a month and realized we both LOVED it for what it did for us, but also hated that it was too small to bring any other family or daughters friends along. we sold it - it was a solid unit in good shape but we wanted to upgrade. It was built in 1991 and now i am wondering if we should have kept it. 2 months in and it has been sold. we need to buy, and I'm scared to death of getting junk.
My wife and I bought our first travel trailer in February, we had been looking for one since December and are completely new to this scene. I was shocked almost every time I walked into a TT, we were focusing on the value-oriented bunk house models so I did not run across Northwood Mfg., Mobile Suites, Lance, Airstream units which I have now seen during my travels and are awesome (and $$$). Most of the value-oriented trailers I saw were terrible, poor materials, poor build quality, and poor design/engineering.

Jayco/Starcraft seemed somewhat better, plus the two year warranty is reassuring. That being said, after taking delivery of my 2015 Jay Flight 28BHBE it has been back to the dealer 3x since the beginning of April and has broken in some significant way on each trip (slide, water pump, door locking mechanism, and tons of minor things). I would not say that it has been a horror story, my dealer and Jayco have fixed everything quickly and without hassle. I think that for the price I have a very nice trailer for my family, it is just disappointing that Jayco used me for quality control instead of hiring a few more people at the factory!
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #34
I have a 2010 Hybrid with a super slide and it's been out 100s of times and not one problem that has interrupted my travels and everything is still original. Approximately 1/3 of it's life has been in service and on the road ,it's still going strong! At this point it owes me nothing and has given us years of enjoyment. It still looks new inside and out and believe me, I use it.
2010 Jayco Hybrid EXP21M
2013 Toureg TDI
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #35
We have a 2011 JayFlight Swift SLX 184BH. We knew going in that it wasnt the highest quality trailer out there, but the price was right, and we were going for the basics. It meets that for us. The only real issue we've had so far is our carbon monoxide detector. It beeps sporadically for no reason whatsoever. We've had it replaced and checked all of our lines at the dealer, but to no avail. We've removed it (not so thrilled with that, but we don't know what else to do)! That's really our only complaint. 4 years in, I do wish we had a separate table, because it is such a pain to set up the dinette that we haven't done it since the first year, but otherwise we are happy as can be!
reneegavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #36
OP, between this thread and your other one, you are probably getting pretty frustrated. I would encourage you to take your time and do your research first. Perhaps you can rent an equal size/weight trailer and take it for a spin and see how it feels. Make sure that you LOAD IT UP though... don't just get an empty trailer and pull it. That won't give you an accurate picture.

I know you want to stay away from canvas... but growing up we had a pop-up and I loved it. Hybrids are the best of both worlds, in my opinion. You have the lighter trailer and smaller box when stored at home or scooting down the highway... but you also have a large footprint and lots of sleeping options when you get to set up camp. You have a real kitchen and bathroom with a hybrid, you have bump outs and slide outs to open up the space. Yes, you have canvass to deal with, but as long as you don't store it wet you should be fine. Even if it is raining when you are packing up to leave, you just need to open things back up when you get home and let it dry out. Its really not a terrible hassle at all.

You might be surprised at how nice a hybrid can be. Weights are super low, they can sleep TONS of people. Look at this model, 2015 Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23F | Jayco, Inc. fully loaded it maxes out at 6000 lbs. That is well within your tow ratings. It has 3 dedicated full length queen size beds, a dinette into a bed and a sofa that I believe folds into a bed. Sleeps up to 10 people.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #37
No regrets here, sure we've had little problems with quality items (bench seat collapsing, door cut out not square, furnace), but the dealer resolved the door issue....furnace is still pending. I fixed the collapsed bench seat myself even though it was still under warranty as it was easier and cheaper than hauling it to the dealer.....besides, at that time we were living in the Pup while the house was being renovated. The cold hard truth is that campers are luxury items, like boats and pools....and they are lousy investments. They require lots of maintenance and continuous upkeep to keep them in good working order. The more complex your unit is the more effort.......... I just consider it an investment in our personal happiness factor. There are few things better than waking up early in the morning watching the sun riser over a lake or the mountains with just enough chill in the air to see your breath. Feeling the quietness washing over you as you sip a steaming cup of coffee while watching a doe with her offspring slowly making their way out of the woods........in the words of the credit card commercial.... priceless. It's the cheapest attitude adjustment you can buy. Our only regrets are that we didn't make the jump sooner.....
Steve and Lisa
Un-tethered buoys in the shipping lanes of life.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #38
Have owned (2) 2012 JayFlights; one purchased new and the other private party used. Neither had any "real issues"; the one purchased new need the Jensen Radio/CD/DVD to be replaced in month 14 and becasue of that I found some nit-pick fit and finish items I asked to be touched up. I would have never even dreamed of the fit and finish items being the reason to take a RV in the the shop, I would have fixed myself with no complaints, but since I needed a new Jensen I let them do it all.

On the unit I bought private party used, the previous owner claimed ZERO warranty work was required, and from what I have seen in the 18 months I have had it, I agree.

I would have no issue buying a Jayco all over.

In fact after seeing the dozens of issues on a friends brand new 2016 Forrest River TT, I think Jayco is doing a great job. My buddies issues have all be sloppy workmanship, and easy fixes, but he likely has 4-5 hours into making these fixes. Although he does have a warranty, he trusts his ability more than an RV tech at the dealership.
2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #39
No regrets here.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:47 PM   #40
At this point I have mixed feelings. 1st camper was a 2013 Jay Flight swift and it was very solid with normal RV quality cabinets etc... but no issues Current camper is a Whitehawk and it feels much less solid than the Jay Flight. Build quality of interior is a little bit worse than the Jay Flight but is not what I would consider bad. Am I comparing apples and orange because the Whitehawk is an ultralight? Maybe. I don't regret either camper

2014 Ran 1500 Eco-diesel Laramie
2014 Jayco Whitehawk 27RBOK
2013 Jayco 264BH SOLD
Collinp is offline   Reply With Quote