Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
We had a 22FB as our first trailer. It was fine as entry level trailers go, and I did have a couple of issues, not necessarily quality related. Because of the location of the sofa, it was a one person seat unless you wanted to sit with your knees jammed into the kitchen cabinet. If you folded it out, it was only long enough to sleep a small child comfortably, which doesn't apply to us. DW commandeered the sofa, so that left me with the dinette which after a short period with my neck arched, looking up at the TV, became rather uncomfortable. The seat foam also compressed badly making the seating very hard. We kept it less than a year and moved to a Keystone Outback.Comfy sofa, comfy swivel rockers, and two slide outs give us all the room we need. That said, I would recommend the 22FB as a trial trailer, meaning that if after a while you decide that RVing just isn't for you, you aren't out a lot of money. As far as build quality, I think Jayco is at least up there with most manufacturers and it's hard to go wrong with their 2 year warranty. The floorplan is as good as anyone else is going to do with that length trailer. it's like arranging items in a box. You only have so much room to work with. Good Luck..

2010 22FB(Ret)
2013 F250 XLT
I now have a Keystone Outback, but I try to help when I can.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
Look at the 24FBS the slide makes a really nice trailer. We moved up from a 97 230SL and the extra 4 feet made the trailer more livable. the bathroom is great for a wide body like me. My wife loves the counter space. We were lucky and found a 18mo old, used three times used/new trailer

2010 24FBS
2005 F150 extended cab
hotrod51 is offline   Reply With Quote