Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #21

We just ordered one today. Fits our family of three plus our dog very nicely. Can you tell me anything about yours now that you've owned it for a bit? Like this, hate that, modifications, wish this was different, etc. We won't have our trailer until June or so and we're a little excited about it. Well, more than a little excited.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #22

I listed a bunch of mods on this thread a few months ago. That is a good starting point. We also just put in a porcelain toilet. Lastly, we carry 2 ottomans with us. They are the brown fake leather ones from Target. They have been a wonderful shoe and blanket storage solution and we love them in front of the couch for our feet. They also give an extra chair at the table.
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjetpilot1 View Post
I listed a bunch of mods on this thread a few months ago. That is a good starting point. We also just put in a porcelain toilet. Lastly, we carry 2 ottomans with us. They are the brown fake leather ones from Target. They have been a wonderful shoe and blanket storage solution and we love them in front of the couch for our feet. They also give an extra chair at the table.
That storage ottoman idea is the kind of thing I would come up with if only I had an ounce of creativity. Just looked on Amazon and there are collapsible ones there. If you don't mind my asking a question, what do you think of the dinette table? We really would have preferred a sofa over a dinette but decided the move-around table might be a compromise because we think we can use the seating without having the table in the way. Does it actually work that way?
Old 03-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #24

I think we may have different tables. Ours has 2 posts that connect to the floor (not the collapsable legs). We can remove the table and posts and they actually fit (with a little effort) behind and under the couch. We also sometimes store it on the left side of the couch (if you are looking at it) up against the wall to keep it out of the way in that nook. The 2 ottomans fill the space the table occupied perfectly at the dinette for travel. Most of the time the table is stored somewhere. It keeps the trailer feeling much bigger.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #25

we have a 23BHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
This is our first TT and we're pretty stoked about it. Was wondering if anyone else has one. Any tips or thoughts about it. Anything to look out for and ideas to make it better.

All responses welcomed!
Good buy, you will love it, I have a family of 5 and we have out growing it already. Upgrade you gas tank to a 30 pound if your thinking of dry camping, also silicone is your best friend, silicone every seals in your bathroom; water will somehow jump out of the tub...... get a fantastic fan, best investment ever.... get plastic tubs that fit in cabinets, easier to fill with stuff in and out. Get lots of no stick hooks which you can buy in Wal-Mart great to hang jackets and clothes....... that's it for now, enjoy your camper, this is our 2nd Jayco love the brand no issues. The TT is 1.5 years old and over 2000 miles and 15 trips under it's belt.
rogerdl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:09 PM   #26

Garbage can + My Mods

Where does everyone put their garbage can??
My additions:
Command strip hooks everywhere (buy the outdoor ones that are made for high humidity)! Baby gate on the bottom bunk for a makeshift crib. Battery kill switch. high absorbency welcome mat. Cast iron griddle that covers both back burners of the stove. Shelves for the cabinets. Sticky material for the drawers to keep items from shifting too much. Stair mats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OI6JNA0..._vViqzbCFVWQMP
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUN3Z1W..._JWiqzbESGGFH5
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CQDRQQ..._zXiqzb9DKAPTZ
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FBN9R64..._hYiqzbNFHA6C7
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4UFSF4..._BYiqzbNP358M1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U7LT6Q..._6YiqzbA1ZVHT6
Therealneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #27

We have the 23BHM ordered - should be here by the beginning of July. Mrs. Killer went to look at it and pronounced it "perfect" but I have not seen it yet. One thing I am wondering though, and I posted this question on another thread but got no replies - the door on the rear of the trailer above the bumper appears to be a storage compartment that goes in under the bottom bunk. Is that what it is? If so, what else is in there? I'm thinking of installing one of those in-line surge protectors and if the main power cord comes through that compartment it may just be easy to get at. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #28

Just seen your post a year later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragmag View Post
This is our first TT and we're pretty stoked about it. Was wondering if anyone else has one. Any tips or thoughts about it. Anything to look out for and ideas to make it better.

All responses welcomed!
I just seen your post. We have a 2005 Jayco J feather 231. I was looking up our model, or one similar, to see if I could do any modifying on our floorplan. We have the murphy bed, and would like better seating, besides the little couch in there.
Prairierose is offline   Reply With Quote