Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
Well, I can't think of one example when length of the box would matter. Camping reservation, storage places, road restrictions - length of the trailer matters, not the box.
How about the way the manufacturer designates their models, and how ordinary RVers refer to their rigs, and those of others?? Look, it was referred to as a 33 ft, which most RV owners use as the reference to their model and the box length. Its likely safe to assume that's what Jopopsy was referring to, not that he drug out a tape measure to measure down the whole unit, including tongue length. My 34SS Seneca is actually 35'6" long bumper to bumper. It's typical in the industry. So, your reliance on obscure technical references is a bit ridiculous. And, frankly, your attitude here is a bit trollish, judging by your snarky answers to several people here.

Don't be argumentive, as that might get you tossed out on your ear. Be nice.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #42

Your own 28DSBH is, lo and behold, 28 ft long at the box. That ought to provide a minor clue.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono View Post
33' TT? What length of the trailer has to do with the payload? Please share the relevant trailer specs.
Aspen Trail 2890BHS Flooplan Details

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:49 PM   #44

I gave you practical examples where the total length of the trailer matters. I really do not care that much how ordinary RVers refer to their rigs. I gave you also an example that a long trailer does not mean that TW needs to be >1,000 lbs.

I like to discuss facts not assumptions. If you do not like that, that's fine. Have a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
How about the way the manufacturer designates their models, and how ordinary RVers refer to their rigs, and those of others?? Look, it was referred to as a 33 ft, which most RV owners use as the reference to their model and the box length. Its likely safe to assume that's what Jopopsy was referring to, not that he drug out a tape measure to measure down the whole unit, including tongue length. My 34SS Seneca is actually 35'6" long bumper to bumper. It's typical in the industry. So, your reliance on obscure technical references is a bit ridiculous. And, frankly, your attitude here is a bit trollish, judging by your snarky answers to several people here.

Don't be argumentive, as that might get you tossed out on your ear. Be nice.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Is that the actual one? So, it is 33 ft overall length or so, but still well over 9k lbs loaded with water, food, clothing, and gear. So, we're back where we started, in that the recommended tongue weighting of 12-15% leaves your neighbor with a tongue weight between 1152 and 1440. That ain't good on a TV with a 1300 lb payload. Will it pull it up a hill? Of course, as long as he doesn't get in a hurry. But that's only one of the factors, as many have mentioned here. Braking, stability in cross-winds, panic stops, even just a semi rig blowing by coming the opposite direction on a two-lane highway, potholes, bridges, etc. It's all a factor at some point.

But the salesman said it'd be fine. I'll bet a dozen donuts the neighbor comes home with a new 1-ton diesel pickup before long.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:03 PM   #46

I bet that guy will take 2,500 lbs cargo for camping.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:05 PM   #47

Driving too fast...

If you all worried a little less about what everyone else is towing or what they're towing with or how fast they're towing or etc. etc. etc., this forum would be a lot more enjoyable. Take a deep breath, realize that we are all free to make our own decisions, and relax already. Life is too short to get so worked up over someone else's business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
Old 08-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #48

I kept it between 60 and 65 most of the time. I'm retired... and no need to rush...

Happy Trails![/QUOTE]

Hurrying is undignified.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #49

So ... back to speeds

I've been a jayco looking-loo for awhile. Probably two years from having the time to really enjoy it. But we travel a lot, and I see a lot of vehicles driving well in excess of the 65 mph recommended safe speed. I cannot image that most tires should be run higher than 65. And many are being towed on delivery runs. So how much damage is done to an RV that is being hauled to a dealer at 70-80MPH? I see so many damaged trailers while visiting lots, my first thoughts were poor manufacture ... now I'm wondering if the damage is rather being caused during the delivery run.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by repacs0103 View Post
If you all worried a little less about what everyone else is towing or what they're towing with or how fast they're towing or etc. etc. etc., this forum would be a lot more enjoyable. Take a deep breath, realize that we are all free to make our own decisions, and relax already. Life is too short to get so worked up over someone else's business.

This.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:59 PM   #51
bap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
Is there a reason why you are not willing to better describe your setup?
He is scared to tell anyone, this has come up before with this poster bashing everyone else about their setups and he knows more than anyone else.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #52
Site Team

Closed..

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
Closed Thread