Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #1
Dual gray water tank ?

Hey guys-
I have a 2015 32TSBH. It has the dual gray water tanks. 1 drains near the main sewage connection (where black valve is too) and the other drain valve is under the super slide. My question is, are the gray tanks connected and all gray water drains into both, or are they separate?

The reason I ask is because when showering, sometimes we fill the tank w the drain under the slide and it begins to back up into the tub until we drain that valve. However, the gray valve by the main sewage connection has almost no water in it at all when the other is backing up into the tub. It seems like they should be linked so this doesn't happen?

DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
The front tank is probably your kitchen & bathroom gray water, while the rear is for the outdoor kitchen would be my guess....

What you could do if you have full hook up is get a Y adapter and tie the two together, with a twist on valve at the Y end so the tanks just aren't draining all the time due to the calves being open. Then when it's time to dump the black, close the 2 factory valves, open the twist on valve, then dump the black tank as normal. If you don't have full hook up there will be gray water that needs to be collected somehow to prevent it dumping on the ground.

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #3
I have 2013 32TSBH. Front grey tank under slide out is kitchen and bath, rear tank is much smaller and only collects from the outdoor kitchen.
Retired Firefighter from Texas

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #4
Ours is a similar setup, 2016 29BHDS. The rear tank is just the shower, the front tank is the bathroom sink and the Kitchen sink in the center island. Our shower also occasionally backs up, but I am glad to have an entire tank dedicated to that.

I am not sure why they don't hook them together, I am no plumbing expert but I wouldn't think it would be difficult.
2016 Jayflight 29BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab - 6.4 Hemi
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew EcoBoost, MaxTow (Loved and Sold)

Equal-i-zer Weight distribution system
jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote